Live Aqua Bosques Hotel Opens in Mexico City
In Mexico City, they opted for a more metropolitan, lounge-y feel, but the focus on luxury is the same as in Cancun.
Catering to travelers eager to sample culture in Mexico's capital city, as well as business travelers craving an alternative to a chain hotel, there is both a business center (with seven private meeting rooms and a WiFi equipped lounge) and a modern cantina within the hotel. At La Cantina, chefs Martha Ortiz and Olivier Le Calvaz dish up artisanal interpretations of Mexican cuisine, like ceviche or tacos, and the spirits and wine list is mostly Mexican, whether it's mezcal or chardonnay. There are also private concierges on each floor.
Live Aqua Bosques is in Mexico City's Bosques de las Lomas, where cinemas, shopping, and restaurants are a short walk away, and along a wide boulevard (Paseo de los Tamarindos). It's convenient to the business district of Santa Fe, as well as Paseo de la Reforma (on Sundays near The St. Regis Mexico City the boulevard is closed to traffic, the perfect Sunday-stroll spot) and Interlomas.
There are eight room categories, including two apartment-sized suites (Sol Presidential and Luna Presidential), each with Jacuzzis overlooking the star-studded skies of Mexico City at night. Each of the other rooms has a 46-inch television, mini bar, lots of closet space, high-speed Internet access, 400-thread-count sheets, and a room fragrance chosen by you from an aromatherapy kit. Each spacious bathroom features a tub, separate walk-in shower, and 22-inch television. The rooms flaunt a sleek design (striped, nature-inspired patterns) aimed to provide comfort from the bustling city surroundings as well as a refreshing, modern look.
Photos courtesy of Live Aqua Bosques
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $39 & up -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fares, 25% OffAmtrak
- $149-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $594* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $130 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 45%The Westin Chicago River North
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $231 & up -- Upscale All-Incl. Cancun Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com