Sand, Spirits, and Swim-Up Bars: Week in Review
It's the end of the week. You deserve a drink. We made this easy for you: it was all about the numbered lists and booze this week, from the top 5 best outdoor wine bars to 9 swim-up hotel bars. Are you thirsty yet? Pour yourself a glass and continue perusing our lists for a mental escape, from the 20 most beautiful US beaches to 5 cute treehouse hotels. You've been counting down to the weekend all week, so now's your chance to count something a little more fun. Kick back, relax, and enjoy this week in review.
Sugary sands, crystalline waters, and splendid views make all of these beaches gorgeous—but from rock formations to wildlife, each has its own unique beauty.
There is no better time to discover the inner workings of a wine region than during harvest season. Whether it's fall in North America or spring in New Zealand, here are the 9 harvests worth traveling for.
Just answer this: Why saunter into a bar when you can swim up to one? Hotels across the country have installed bars in their pools to provide you with cocktails without having to, ya know, dry off.
Apparently the UK loves sleeping in trees—the treehouse hotel trend has swept the region, making for fun, romantic, and unique treetop retreats that let everyone feel like a kid again.
Let's do a little vacation math. What does 70 degrees year-round plus 70 miles of coastline get you? Any number of reasons to visit San Diego. Here are our top five.
What pairs better with a glass of wine than an open-air patio and a stunning view? We criss-crossed the country to find the wine bars that give new meaning to the word 'alfresco'.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3999 -- Oceanview Suite: 10-Night Luxury Asia CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Cruise to Key West & Cozumel, $240 offRoyal Caribbean
- $519 & up -- Alaska: 7-Night Summer Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $329 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $9 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $110 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago