Lindblad and Nat Geo Launch Mexico Photography Retreat
Whether you edit your photos post-vacation for days or upload them to Facebook right from your phone (or camera), Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic are here to take your photography techniques to the next level. They're launching a new special eight-day, seven-night Baja/Sea of Cortez getaway with a focus on photographing the indigenous flora and fauna—both on land and at sea.
You'll start by spending three nights at the exclusive Rancho Las Cruces resort near La Paz, Baja California Sur. The tour continues with a four-night Sea of Cortez cruise aboard the intimate, 62-passenger expedition ship National Geographic Sea Bird.
Famed National Geographic photographer Bob Krist will host the January 4–11, 2013 itinerary while renowned photographers Michael Melford and Ralph Lee Hopkins take over teaching duties for the January 8–15, 2013 nature photography retreat. A Lindblad/National Geographic-certified photo instructor will also be on hand for both trips as will two editing specialists, who will teach Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom image processing techniques.
Rancho Las Cruces has long been a hangout for Hollywood elites and was first made chic by Bing Crosby and Desi Arnaz. The resort, set on five miles of oceanfront property, will be transformed into your personal classroom with sunrise photography sessions and morning workshops devoted to composition, light, workflow, and editing. When the sun goes down, you'll work on long exposures. When not learning from the pros, there's time for hiking and kayaking with one of the area's leading naturalists and even the chance to explore the area via horseback.
Art lovers will enjoy talks by noted local art expert, Enrique Hambleton, and Rancho Las Cruces owner—the grandson of Abelardo L. Rodriguez, the president of Mexico from 1932–34—will take guests on a behind-the-scenes tour of the property that his grandfather purchased in 1948.
The fourth night of your trip, you'll be aboard National Geographic Sea Bird as you put your new photo knowledge into action while visiting points of interest like Isla Santa Catalina, Bahia Loreto Marine Reserve, Los Islotes, and Isla Espiritu Santo.
Lindblad's Baja Land & Sea Photography Retreat is an ideal way to delve into the natural beauty of the Sea of Cortez while honing your artistic skills. Those new to photography as well as experts will find these itineraries to be quite special.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Lindblad Expeditions
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com