LAX Puts Food Truck Inside Terminal, Announces Rotating Chefs
Pulling into a terminal near you: food trucks. While other airports have been allowing food trucks to pull into airport cellphone lots, the Los Angeles airport is bringing a food truck right into Terminal 4.
While LAX doesn't actually allow food trucks to drive in off the streets, they're showing their love of mobile cuisine by placing the shell of a food truck inside the American Airlines terminal. The truck, which opens for business on November 1, will be operated by chefs from popular LA food trucks on a rotating basis. The "truck" will be outfitted much like any other food truck, except that it won't drive away after all the food has been served.
The food truck-airport relationship was started at the Tampa International Airport in Florida last December, where they invited the vehicles to park and sell food in the cellphone lot.
Other airports that now host food trucks include Tucson International Airport in Arizona, Long Beach Airport in California, and Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Texas, with other airports considering the increasingly popular option. At the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport you can get street food, including hot dogs, bratwurst, and nachos from a food cart vendor that wanders the airport.
Bringing food trucks into the airport fold is beneficial for a number of reasons, not least of which is allowing travelers to get a first (or last) tasty bite of the region.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand