LAX Puts Food Truck Inside Terminal, Announces Rotating Chefs
Pulling into a terminal near you: food trucks. While other airports have been allowing food trucks to pull into airport cellphone lots, the Los Angeles airport is bringing a food truck right into Terminal 4.
While LAX doesn't actually allow food trucks to drive in off the streets, they're showing their love of mobile cuisine by placing the shell of a food truck inside the American Airlines terminal. The truck, which opens for business on November 1, will be operated by chefs from popular LA food trucks on a rotating basis. The "truck" will be outfitted much like any other food truck, except that it won't drive away after all the food has been served.
The food truck-airport relationship was started at the Tampa International Airport in Florida last December, where they invited the vehicles to park and sell food in the cellphone lot.
Other airports that now host food trucks include Tucson International Airport in Arizona, Long Beach Airport in California, and Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Texas, with other airports considering the increasingly popular option. At the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport you can get street food, including hot dogs, bratwurst, and nachos from a food cart vendor that wanders the airport.
Bringing food trucks into the airport fold is beneficial for a number of reasons, not least of which is allowing travelers to get a first (or last) tasty bite of the region.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $1499 -- Danube River: 7-Night Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises
- $30 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $149-$169 -- Florida: Pensacola Hotel Spring Sale, 40% OffVisit Pensacola
- $1499 -- 7-Night French River Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises
- $99* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale, O/WVirgin America
- $3561* & up -- Asia Biz Class: Buy One, Get One 50% Off SaleSkylux Travel