Las Ventanas al Paraiso in Los Cabos Unveils Luxury Beachfront Villas
Pampering resorts are commonplace in the tropical Mexican resort town of Los Cabos, but Las Ventanas al Paraiso, a 71-suite, award-winning Rosewood Resort, is taking luxury to a new level with the debut of a $55 million project in the form of a dozen beachfront villas.
Being unveiled today, the 12 residential-style, one- to three-bedroom villas are the first of their kind in Los Cabos, and are destined to be a game changer for luxury lodging options in the destination. The lavish villas offer their own point of entrance and, despite being set adjacent to the resort's main grounds, feel a world away. Sizes starts at a massive 4,500 square feet (in addition to a 1,800-square-foot exterior), more than enough room to spread out for well-heeled traveling families and jet-setting, space-loving couples alike. Villas include separate bedroom(s) with fireplace; an open, fully equipped kitchen; a spacious living room; and an additional media or wellness room (for one-bedroom suites).
Each bathroom features a stand-alone bathtub, indoor/outdoor rain shower, high-tech Japanese-designed toilet, Bulgari bath amenities, dual vanity sinks, and a separate outdoor rain shower garden embellished with stone floors and lush palms. The separate outdoor area is decked out with an infinity-edge pool (with built-in hot tub), lounge chairs, and direct beach access.
As soon as guests arrive at their very private sanctuary, they're treated to complimentary, over-water massages. But that's just the beginning: For the duration of their stay, guests are equipped with a 24-hour butler (who whips up fresh guacamole and margaritas on command in the private kitchen), in-room dining, a fire pit at night, and fine tequila upon check-in.
Rates start at $4,500/night for a One-Bedroom Ocean View Luxury Villa Wellness or Media Room. For even bigger spenders, a 22,000-square-foot master villa, scheduled to open March 2014, will start at a whopping $30,000 per night, and will include an 80-foot-long infinity-edge pool (bigger than the resort's main pool), a customized fireworks display, and a live band to entertain guests nightly.
Jimmy Im is a freelance travel writer based in LA. He's hosted programs on the Travel Channel and LOGO, and makes regular appearances on morning news shows as a "travel expert." Follow him on Twitter: @dieselmad.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- $189 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Times Square Hotel, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $1049 -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksCelebrity Cruises
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $799 -- Balcony on 7-Night Caribbean Cruise w/$250 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood