Las Vegas Airport Gets Luxe AmEx Lounge
For some passengers at McCarran International Airport in Las Vega, the wait before a flight just became significantly more comfortable. American Express has opened their first Centurion Lounge in a US airport and the facility is quite impressive. Located in Terminal D, the lounge offers a great collection of amenities for its guests.
Scott Conant, the chef behind the Scarpetta restaurants, is the executive chef for the lounge. And unlike many other lounges in the USA, this title actually means something. There are real food choices on offer both at breakfast (zucchini, parmesan and herb frittata, anyone?) and on the lunch/dinner menu, which features salads, hot entrees, and desserts. The bar area is similarly well supported—the cocktail menu was designed by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan of Pegu Club and Food & Wine magazine fame. Meehan is joined by Anthony Giglio, also a frequent contributor to Food & Wine, as Wine Director.
But there is more to a lounge than just food and drink, and American Express has done a solid job with the Centurion Lounge. Lounge guests can access a shower suite (the only one at McCarran) and passengers traveling with children can utilize a dedicated space in the lounge that offers video games, books, movies, and toys. For passengers needing to get some work done before or after a flight, the business services in the Centurion Lounge cover most needs. Work spaces are available, as are computer stations. Additionally, a conference room can be reserved on a first come, first served basis.
Of course, like most nice things in Las Vegas, gaining access to the Centurion Lounge comes with a rather steep price. Only American Express Centurion Card-holders will be granted access for free. Other cardholders can buy access at $50 per person for a visit. Not a bargain, certainly, but with this level of amenities, it might just be worth the price of admission.
Photo Credit: Photo courtesy of American Express CenturionLounge
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays