JetBlue Unveils Sleek Interior Design on New Planes
Early this week, JetBlue unveiled some upcoming interior designs for its new Airbus A321 that deserve some serious fanfare. In a video posted over the weekend, JetBlue details the plans for its cross-country transcontinental service, which include a new premium cabin up front with a 16-seat business class and 4 mini-business suites, as well.
The "mini-suites" would feature individual sliding door partitions for privacy, along with lie-flat seats. Spacious business class seats aren't the only change on the way—each seat will include a 15" touchscreen TV with over 100 channels of DirecTV, in-seat power outlets, and Fly-Fi (JetBlue's proprietary WiFi, which offers the most bandwidth of any in-flight connectivity option). It's all in the video below, displayed with a swanky, lounge-like soundtrack that works with jetBlue's existing style appeal and adds a new element of luxe:
All this comes after the company's promise last month to provide a "premium" experience on transcontinental flights, and is a notable departure from the airline's reputation as a single-class, budget carrier. The mid-priced premium seats seem designed with small-business owners and leisure travelers in mind. Expect to see the changes launched in spring 2014 (initially only on flights to LA and San Francisco from New York City), along with the airline's previously announced new uniforms.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of JetBlue
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $599 -- Oceanview: 10-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise w/$100 CreditCruise.com
- $1379 -- South Ireland 6-Night Gold Package in AprilTourism Ireland
- $139 -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, Save 35%Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $5499 -- 7-Night Luxury All-Incl. Mediterranean Cruise w/AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand