JetBlue Unveils Sleek Interior Design on New Planes
Early this week, JetBlue unveiled some upcoming interior designs for its new Airbus A321 that deserve some serious fanfare. In a video posted over the weekend, JetBlue details the plans for its cross-country transcontinental service, which include a new premium cabin up front with a 16-seat business class and 4 mini-business suites, as well.
The "mini-suites" would feature individual sliding door partitions for privacy, along with lie-flat seats. Spacious business class seats aren't the only change on the way—each seat will include a 15" touchscreen TV with over 100 channels of DirecTV, in-seat power outlets, and Fly-Fi (JetBlue's proprietary WiFi, which offers the most bandwidth of any in-flight connectivity option). It's all in the video below, displayed with a swanky, lounge-like soundtrack that works with jetBlue's existing style appeal and adds a new element of luxe:
All this comes after the company's promise last month to provide a "premium" experience on transcontinental flights, and is a notable departure from the airline's reputation as a single-class, budget carrier. The mid-priced premium seats seem designed with small-business owners and leisure travelers in mind. Expect to see the changes launched in spring 2014 (initially only on flights to LA and San Francisco from New York City), along with the airline's previously announced new uniforms.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of JetBlue
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand