JetBlue Unveils Sleek Interior Design on New Planes
Early this week, JetBlue unveiled some upcoming interior designs for its new Airbus A321 that deserve some serious fanfare. In a video posted over the weekend, JetBlue details the plans for its cross-country transcontinental service, which include a new premium cabin up front with a 16-seat business class and 4 mini-business suites, as well.
The "mini-suites" would feature individual sliding door partitions for privacy, along with lie-flat seats. Spacious business class seats aren't the only change on the way—each seat will include a 15" touchscreen TV with over 100 channels of DirecTV, in-seat power outlets, and Fly-Fi (JetBlue's proprietary WiFi, which offers the most bandwidth of any in-flight connectivity option). It's all in the video below, displayed with a swanky, lounge-like soundtrack that works with jetBlue's existing style appeal and adds a new element of luxe:
All this comes after the company's promise last month to provide a "premium" experience on transcontinental flights, and is a notable departure from the airline's reputation as a single-class, budget carrier. The mid-priced premium seats seem designed with small-business owners and leisure travelers in mind. Expect to see the changes launched in spring 2014 (initially only on flights to LA and San Francisco from New York City), along with the airline's previously announced new uniforms.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of JetBlue
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $579 & up -- 10-Night Cruise to Italy, Greece & TurkeyNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1799 & up -- Melbourne & Sydney 8-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $760Goway Travel
- $649 & up -- Cozumel: Beach Escape incl. Meals, Drinks & AirApple Vacations
- $235 & up -- S.C. 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $169 & up -- D.C. 4-Star Hotel near White House, Save $100JW Marriott Washington, DC
- $224 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston