JetBlue Launches 'Election Protection' Promotion
Lose the election; win a free flight. That's the gist of a promotion JetBlue launched today, targeting the run up to the 2012 Presidential election this November. Entrants choose their desired winner for the Oval Office; if their candidate doesn't win they have a chance to win a ticket out of the country. The company is giving away 1006 free round-trip tickets—2012 free seats—to any of their international destinations once Election Day passes and the results are in. Destinations include the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Turks and Caicos, and Costa Rica, among others.
"We've all heard it said before: if my candidate does not win, I'm leaving the country," said Marty St. George, senior vice president marketing and commercial strategy for JetBlue. "Fun is one of our five founding values, and in this spirit we decided to give people a chance to recover from the political noise and follow through on their claim to skip town if their candidate comes up short... Most importantly, we want to highlight the freedom we have as Americans to exercise our right to vote and encourage everyone to do their part on November 6. Live Free or Fly!"
This is the latest promotion from JetBlue tied to current events. The carrier famously offered commuter flights from Burbank to Long Beach in July 2011 when the 405 was shut down for a day and the city predicted "carmageddon" traffic problems. This promotion is a bit bigger, but then so are the presidential elections.
It is rare that an airline engages with its customers and has fun rather than just packing as many passengers as they can between airports. Finding a carrier with a sense of humor is refreshing indeed. And winning a trip to the Caribbean or Latin America certainly wouldn't suck.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Unfortunately, JetBlue is kicking to the curb the 40% of American voters who are independent and third-party, by not affording them an ‘independent’ or ‘other’ box to click in its ill-conceived ‘election protection’ poll. Independent voters are a larger group than either Republicans or Democrats. Shame on JetBlue!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $109 -- Tampa Bay Suite at Waterfront Resort, 30% OffThe Resort & Club at Little Harbor
- $779 & up -- Riviera Maya: 'Secrets' All-Incl. Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $939 & up -- Costa Rica: 4-Star, All-Inclusive Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $115 -- Playa Del Carmen Adult-Only Escape, Save 30%Deseo [Hotel + Lounge]
- $76 & up -- Palm Springs Resorts up to 55% OffGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $4199 -- Exotic Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise w/$400 Credit & AirOceania Cruises