JetBlue Announces Service Upgrades
The past week has seen a number of improvements for JetBlue as the carrier continues to grow and improve its services. Perhaps the most significant is that JetBlue won the bidding for 12 slot pairs at Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport (DCA) as part of the required divestiture from American Airlines and US Airways’ merger. These additional flights, in addition to the 18 current daily flights, will quickly make DCA JetBlue’s 6th largest airport by number of daily flights, directly behind the five main “focus cities” the airline operates in. JetBlue indicated in a statement that the 12 new flights will both add service to new destinations and increase service on existing routes; full details are expected later in the year.
JetBlue has also upgraded part of their technology infrastructure at 15 of its destinations, adding mobile boarding pass support via iPhone and Android apps. Passengers can now check in on their mobile device and, if traveling without checked bags, head straight to the gate using the app. The new airports supporting this service are:
New Orleans (MSY)
Chicago O’Hare (ORD)
West Palm Beach (PBI)
Finally, JetBlue has also increased its participation in the TSA PreCheck program. When the airline first joined PreCheck in November, only passengers using a mobile boarding pass via the JetBlue app were eligible to participate. Now, passengers who get their boarding passes from a kiosk or ticket counter at the airport are also able to participate. As a result, JetBlue is now offering some form of TSA PreCheck screening at 40 airports, with either the mobile boarding pass or a printed paper pass. This should significantly decrease the wait times passengers have to endure at the airport. Passengers should still enter their Known Traveler Number into their itinerary when booking on JetBlue.com.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Kunertus, Dreamstime.com
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $129 & up -- 4- & 5-Star New York City Hotels, up to 65% Offtrivago
- $569 & up -- Mexican Riviera 6-Day Cruise w/Oceanview CabinCarnival Cruise Lines
- $250-$285 -- Waikiki 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 30%Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $1799 & up -- Melbourne & Sydney 8-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $760Goway Travel
- $594* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (R/T)LAN