JetBlue Adds Family Plan to Loyalty Program
Consolidating points from family travels into a single frequent flyer account would certainly make rewards easier, but no U.S. airline has offered that option—until now. JetBlue has just introduced their "Family Pooling" feature for their TrueBlue rewards program. Now, up to seven people—up to two adults and five children—can pool their miles into one single account, allowing members' earnings to accumulate faster and making redemption possibilities easier than ever before.
The new program, launched this week, is the only one in North America to allow travelers to freely mix their points together. Here's how the program works:
* Participating families can consist of up to two adults and five children. At a minimum, there must be two individuals in a Family Pooling account.
* When joining a Family Pool, each member chooses how many points to contribute. There is a one-time free transfer opportunity to consolidate miles into the pool, and each member also chooses how they want to split up future earnings between family and personal accounts.
* Awards can be redeemed for anyone, not just members of the family. This is different from some other pooling programs and offers welcomed extra flexibility.
* Once points are in the family account, which the "Head of Household" has full control over, no other members can do anything with them.
There are also some restrictions with the program. A TrueBlue member can only be part of one Family Pool at a time and changes to your pool status are limited to once per year. Even with these limits, however, the pooling option opens up great opportunities for members.
And, once again, it represents JetBlue making changes to the loyalty market business model in the U.S. market. They have been reasonably successful without following the path of others so far. Hopefully, Family Pooling continues that success.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2649 -- Australia 11-Nt. City & Beach Trip w/Air, $990 OffArtisan Traveler
- $98* & up -- Toronto: Summer Fares from Across the US, O/WToronto Escapes
- $1958 & up -- Sydney & Cairns 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $1745 & up -- Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Phuket 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $2839 & up -- Sydney, Adelaide, Cairns 12-Nt. Trip w/AirDown Under Answers
- $559 & up -- 3-Night Kauai Vacations incl. Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays