Introducing Un-Cruise Adventures
You might think that behemoth cruise corporations own the seas, but a few small cruise companies thrive in the open water right alongside the likes of Royal Caribbean and Carnival.
Sixteen-year-old InnerSea Discoveries/American Safari Cruises is just such a business—but now you'll know them as Un-Cruise Adventures. The new name signals a consolidation of efforts on behalf of two sides of the company: InnerSea Discoveries, which has a history of offering adventure-style itineraries in Alaska, Mexico, and Hawaii, and American Safari Cruises, which sails the same waters as InnerSea but offers a higher-end luxurious experience. Now, all cruises will be under the Un-Cruise Adventures moniker.
Un-Cruise will break down its new cruise experiences into three categories. The first, Luxury Adventures, will sail aboard the 22-guest Safari Quest, 36-guest Safari Explorer, and 86-passenger Safari Endeavour; the second, Heritage Adventures, will focus on living history aboard the 88-guest Safari Legacy, a replica Victorian steamer; and the third, Active Adventures, will set out on three expedition style ships: the 60-guest Wilderness Adventurer, the 76-passenger Wilderness Discoverer, and the 76-guest Wilderness Explorer. You can also charter any of these ships for personalized voyages.
Un-Cruise Adventures sets themselves apart from the pack by offering bespoke service on intimate vessels. With a maximum guest count of 88, all voyages allow for more in-depth discovery of the ports of call. A wide range of activities (think kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling, and hiking) means that travelers will actually experience the destination and not just view it from a tour bus window during a shore excursion.
There's a lot to look forward to in 2013. Safari Legacy begins operating in Alaska, and then sails on the Columbia and Snake Rivers in fall and spring where she’ll debut Heritage Adventures; Wilderness Explorer will begin sailing Active Adventures in the Hawaiian Islands between Oahu and the Big Island in November; and three Alaska Unleashed departures are scheduled for the Wilderness Adventurer, for cruisers looking for an amped-up week of thrills.
Photo credit: Photo courtesy of Un-Cruise Adventures.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $5825 & up -- Bora Bora 5-Star Vacation w/Air, Kids Fly FreeTahiti.com
- $2345* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1726 & up -- Hong Kong, Bangkok & Phuket 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1519 & up -- Singapore, Kuala Lumpur & Bali 6 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk