Introducing Fodors.com for Mobile
We're not sure if you noticed, but browsing Fodors.com on your phone just got awesome. We're proud to announce that Fodors.com is now optimized for phones of all shapes and sizes. You'll find it easier to use and navigate, offering quick access to all the relevant travel information, fascinating blog posts, and Forum conversations you're accustomed to.
Many of you come to Fodors.com everyday to explore and discuss all things travel. And increasingly, you're using mobile phones to do it. In fact, you're our largest growing segment of users, representing 25% of our total traffic, up a whopping 168% over just a year ago!
So what fun features will you find primed for your phone?
Built for Touch
We're saying goodbye to point and click and hello to touch and swipe. In our mobile design, you'll find visual elements that are finger friendly and ready to tap.
Your phone has much less screen size than your desktop, so we had to make things easier for you to scan, read, and navigate. We've flowed our content into single columns and you can quickly navigate our entire site using a new drop down menu.
It Just Works
You don't have to do anything special to experience the new Fodors.com for mobile. Simply go to Fodors.com from your phone's browser and you're done. Don't worry, you can always switch back to the full desktop site at any time.
We're excited to roll this out and look forward to your feedback! (No, but really. Have anything to tell us about this sweet new launch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note in the comments below.)
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers