Introducing Fodors.com for Mobile
We're not sure if you noticed, but browsing Fodors.com on your phone just got awesome. We're proud to announce that Fodors.com is now optimized for phones of all shapes and sizes. You'll find it easier to use and navigate, offering quick access to all the relevant travel information, fascinating blog posts, and Forum conversations you're accustomed to.
Many of you come to Fodors.com everyday to explore and discuss all things travel. And increasingly, you're using mobile phones to do it. In fact, you're our largest growing segment of users, representing 25% of our total traffic, up a whopping 168% over just a year ago!
So what fun features will you find primed for your phone?
Built for Touch
We're saying goodbye to point and click and hello to touch and swipe. In our mobile design, you'll find visual elements that are finger friendly and ready to tap.
Your phone has much less screen size than your desktop, so we had to make things easier for you to scan, read, and navigate. We've flowed our content into single columns and you can quickly navigate our entire site using a new drop down menu.
It Just Works
You don't have to do anything special to experience the new Fodors.com for mobile. Simply go to Fodors.com from your phone's browser and you're done. Don't worry, you can always switch back to the full desktop site at any time.
We're excited to roll this out and look forward to your feedback! (No, but really. Have anything to tell us about this sweet new launch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note in the comments below.)
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $161 -- Colorado 4-Star Vail Riverfront Resort, 65% OffThe Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $598 -- 7-Night Pacific Coastal Cruise w/$75 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $250-$285 -- Waikiki 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 30%Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
- $606* & up -- Fly to Peru from Across the US (R/T incl. Tax)LAN
- $119 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotels, up to 75% Offtrivago