Introducing Fodor's Travel Tastemakers
Who inspires you to travel? (Besides us.) Travel is never monochromatic—it encompasses food, shopping, sightseeing, adventure, wine, and most important, stepping beyond your comfort zone. So we wanted to take stock of the people who inspire us to hit the road. To do so, we came up with our carefully curated Fodor's Travel Tastemakers.
What makes a Travel Tastemaker? They search the globe for unique and eye-opening experiences; they are as excited about a meal at a Michelin-starred restaurant as they are to try local street foods. They are discerning, but excited to try it all. And they bring a global inspiration to the work they do at home.
We think these people do those things really well (and with great style)—we want to travel with them and like them. But in the meantime, we'll just chat with them about their travel pasts, presents, and futures.
Photo credit: Main beach image courtesy of Gray Malin; Hugh Acheson headshot courtesy of Sarah Dorio; Gray Malin courtesy of Gray Malin; Jen Murphy portrait courtesy of Jen Murphy; April Bloomfield courtesy of April Bloomfield; Marco Pasanella courtesy of Marco Pasanella; Laura Maniec courtesy of Brooke Ismach; Juliet Kinsman courtesy of Juliet Kinsman; Marcus Samuelsson courtesy of Marcus Samuelsson; Todd Selby courtesy of Backyard Bill; Jose Andres courtesy of Jose Andres; Alex Calderwood courtesy of Alex Calderwood; Elizabeth and Brian portrait courtesy of Gerald Forster; Francis Ford Coppola portrait courtesy of Francis Ford Coppola; Nigel Barker and wife courtesy of Nigel Barker
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com