Introducing Fodor's Travel Tastemakers
Who inspires you to travel? (Besides us.) Travel is never monochromatic—it encompasses food, shopping, sightseeing, adventure, wine, and most important, stepping beyond your comfort zone. So we wanted to take stock of the people who inspire us to hit the road. To do so, we came up with our carefully curated Fodor's Travel Tastemakers.
What makes a Travel Tastemaker? They search the globe for unique and eye-opening experiences; they are as excited about a meal at a Michelin-starred restaurant as they are to try local street foods. They are discerning, but excited to try it all. And they bring a global inspiration to the work they do at home.
We think these people do those things really well (and with great style)—we want to travel with them and like them. But in the meantime, we'll just chat with them about their travel pasts, presents, and futures.
Photo credit: Main beach image courtesy of Gray Malin; Hugh Acheson headshot courtesy of Sarah Dorio; Gray Malin courtesy of Gray Malin; Jen Murphy portrait courtesy of Jen Murphy; April Bloomfield courtesy of April Bloomfield; Marco Pasanella courtesy of Marco Pasanella; Laura Maniec courtesy of Brooke Ismach; Juliet Kinsman courtesy of Juliet Kinsman; Marcus Samuelsson courtesy of Marcus Samuelsson; Todd Selby courtesy of Backyard Bill; Jose Andres courtesy of Jose Andres; Alex Calderwood courtesy of Alex Calderwood; Elizabeth and Brian portrait courtesy of Gerald Forster; Francis Ford Coppola portrait courtesy of Francis Ford Coppola; Nigel Barker and wife courtesy of Nigel Barker
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $399 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $169* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $199-$205 -- Oahu: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 40%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- $599 & up -- Ends 10/14: Bermuda Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $265 & up -- Riviera Maya: Uninhibited Adults-Only ResortHidden Beach Resort