Introducing Fodor's Travel Tastemakers
Who inspires you to travel? (Besides us.) Travel is never monochromatic—it encompasses food, shopping, sightseeing, adventure, wine, and most important, stepping beyond your comfort zone. So we wanted to take stock of the people who inspire us to hit the road. To do so, we came up with our carefully curated Fodor's Travel Tastemakers.
What makes a Travel Tastemaker? They search the globe for unique and eye-opening experiences; they are as excited about a meal at a Michelin-starred restaurant as they are to try local street foods. They are discerning, but excited to try it all. And they bring a global inspiration to the work they do at home.
We think these people do those things really well (and with great style)—we want to travel with them and like them. But in the meantime, we'll just chat with them about their travel pasts, presents, and futures.
Photo credit: Main beach image courtesy of Gray Malin; Hugh Acheson headshot courtesy of Sarah Dorio; Gray Malin courtesy of Gray Malin; Jen Murphy portrait courtesy of Jen Murphy; April Bloomfield courtesy of April Bloomfield; Marco Pasanella courtesy of Marco Pasanella; Laura Maniec courtesy of Brooke Ismach; Juliet Kinsman courtesy of Juliet Kinsman; Marcus Samuelsson courtesy of Marcus Samuelsson; Todd Selby courtesy of Backyard Bill; Jose Andres courtesy of Jose Andres; Alex Calderwood courtesy of Alex Calderwood; Elizabeth and Brian portrait courtesy of Gerald Forster; Francis Ford Coppola portrait courtesy of Francis Ford Coppola; Nigel Barker and wife courtesy of Nigel Barker
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $419 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $279 -- Bahamas Weekend Cruise: Oceanview, All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $137* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $169 -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $149-$179 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 40%The Westin Galleria Dallas
- $499 & up -- Ends 8/24: Bermuda Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line