Introducing Fodor's Travel Tastemakers
Who inspires you to travel? (Besides us.) Travel is never monochromatic—it encompasses food, shopping, sightseeing, adventure, wine, and most important, stepping beyond your comfort zone. So we wanted to take stock of the people who inspire us to hit the road. To do so, we came up with our carefully curated Fodor's Travel Tastemakers.
What makes a Travel Tastemaker? They search the globe for unique and eye-opening experiences; they are as excited about a meal at a Michelin-starred restaurant as they are to try local street foods. They are discerning, but excited to try it all. And they bring a global inspiration to the work they do at home.
We think these people do those things really well (and with great style)—we want to travel with them and like them. But in the meantime, we'll just chat with them about their travel pasts, presents, and futures.
Photo credit: Main beach image courtesy of Gray Malin; Hugh Acheson headshot courtesy of Sarah Dorio; Gray Malin courtesy of Gray Malin; Jen Murphy portrait courtesy of Jen Murphy; April Bloomfield courtesy of April Bloomfield; Marco Pasanella courtesy of Marco Pasanella; Laura Maniec courtesy of Brooke Ismach; Juliet Kinsman courtesy of Juliet Kinsman; Marcus Samuelsson courtesy of Marcus Samuelsson; Todd Selby courtesy of Backyard Bill; Jose Andres courtesy of Jose Andres; Alex Calderwood courtesy of Alex Calderwood; Elizabeth and Brian portrait courtesy of Gerald Forster; Francis Ford Coppola portrait courtesy of Francis Ford Coppola; Nigel Barker and wife courtesy of Nigel Barker
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $197 & up -- D.C.: Stylish Westin Georgetown, Save 30%Westin Georgetown
- $595 & up -- Royal Caribbean 5-Nt. Bermuda CruiseLiberty Travel
- $180* & up -- Europe & Scandinavia Spring Fares, One-WayNorwegian Air Shuttle
- $299 & up -- 4-Nt. Carnival Cruise to Key West & CozumelCarnival Cruise Line
- $119-$149 -- CA: Sonoma Wine Country Hotel incl. WeekendsDoubleTree Sonoma Wine Country
- $129 -- Florida Keys: 1-Bedroom Suite w/Extras, 45% OffOcean Pointe Suites at Key Largo