Hyatt Opens Their First All-Inclusive Resort in Los Cabos, Mexico
On November 6, Hyatt announced the opening of their first venture into the all-inclusive resort market with a renovation of the former Barcelo Los Cabos—now the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos.
The newly renovated Los Cabos resort, situated on the beautiful beachfront of the Sea of Cortes, features eight restaurants, six bars and lounges, a kids' camp, adult pool, fountains, and on-site spa.
"By creating a new Hyatt-branded experience that is customized and distinctive as an all-inclusive offering, we are combining the strength of one of the most powerful global hotel brands with Playa's experience in successfully owning and managing all-inclusive resorts," says Bruce Wardinski, chief executive officer of Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., in a press release.
Two unique brands will be introduced to distinguish the all-inclusives. The Hyatt Zilara resorts will be adult-only, while the Hyatt Ziva resorts will be more family-friendly. The next adult resort will be the Hyatt Zilara Cancun opening later this November (pictured above). The next family-friendly opening will be the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall in Jamaica opening in late 2014. Each resort will undergo a multi-million dollar renovation before being unveiled and incorporated into the Hyatt brand.
Plans exist for three more Hyatt all-inclusive resorts to open in 2014 and 2015. Locations and details for these resorts will be announced in the near future.
Photo Credits: Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, Courtesy of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos; Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos pool, Courtesy of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos; Hyatt Zilara Cancun, Courtesy of Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $267 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 30% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $96 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $130 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 45%The Westin Chicago River North
- $1045 & up -- Oahu & Kauai 6-Night Vacation w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $2229 & up -- Tahiti & Fiji Islands 23-Day CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $899 & up -- Ends 4/25: Hawaii Weeklong Cruise w/CreditNorwegian Cruise Line