Pullman Hotel Opens in London, is a Train Lover's Paradise
London's latest hotel serves as a love letter to train travel, borrowing inspiration from linear railway photos. In November, Pullman Hotels debuted the modern property—The Pullman London St. Pancras, its first in London—that's a quick walk from the Eurostar terminal (at St. Pancras station).
With 312 rooms (across six room categories, each featuring a docking station, free WiFi, and a Pullman bed), the property boasts views of the London skyline and convenient access to most major attractions. Golden Arrow is the hotel's restaurant and named for one of the first-class Pullman trains during the 1920s (which passengers traveled on from London to Dover, then hopping on a ferry to Calais, then eventually Paris), with an open kitchen displaying Chef Rees Smith and his culinary crew hard at work on crafting modern cuisine. Each dish is matched with a suggested wine pairing.
There is also an offbeat, grandiose perk within the hotel: a 446-tiered theater often used for performing-arts shows. Another creative outlet: the Connectivity Lounge (designed for business travelers, it's a hip space to toil away on one's computer) in partnership with Microsoft. Wine lovers will be surprised to see a well-curated wine stash (called Vinoteca by Pullman) at the restaurant as well as for room service.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Pullman Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $3199 & up -- China: 5-Star, 20-Night Tour w/Cruise & AirSinorama Holidays
- $133 & up -- Toronto Harbour Hotel over Weekends, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $2499 -- China: 13-Nt. Trip w/River Cruise & Air, $1000 OffSinorama Holidays
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver