Pullman Hotel Opens in London, is a Train Lover's Paradise
London's latest hotel serves as a love letter to train travel, borrowing inspiration from linear railway photos. In November, Pullman Hotels debuted the modern property—The Pullman London St. Pancras, its first in London—that's a quick walk from the Eurostar terminal (at St. Pancras station).
With 312 rooms (across six room categories, each featuring a docking station, free WiFi, and a Pullman bed), the property boasts views of the London skyline and convenient access to most major attractions. Golden Arrow is the hotel's restaurant and named for one of the first-class Pullman trains during the 1920s (which passengers traveled on from London to Dover, then hopping on a ferry to Calais, then eventually Paris), with an open kitchen displaying Chef Rees Smith and his culinary crew hard at work on crafting modern cuisine. Each dish is matched with a suggested wine pairing.
There is also an offbeat, grandiose perk within the hotel: a 446-tiered theater often used for performing-arts shows. Another creative outlet: the Connectivity Lounge (designed for business travelers, it's a hip space to toil away on one's computer) in partnership with Microsoft. Wine lovers will be surprised to see a well-curated wine stash (called Vinoteca by Pullman) at the restaurant as well as for room service.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Pullman Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $52 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotel and Resort Spring SaleVisit Myrtle Beach
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $1499 -- Danube River: 7-Night Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises
- $10.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $109 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts