Pullman Hotel Opens in London, is a Train Lover's Paradise
London's latest hotel serves as a love letter to train travel, borrowing inspiration from linear railway photos. In November, Pullman Hotels debuted the modern property—The Pullman London St. Pancras, its first in London—that's a quick walk from the Eurostar terminal (at St. Pancras station).
With 312 rooms (across six room categories, each featuring a docking station, free WiFi, and a Pullman bed), the property boasts views of the London skyline and convenient access to most major attractions. Golden Arrow is the hotel's restaurant and named for one of the first-class Pullman trains during the 1920s (which passengers traveled on from London to Dover, then hopping on a ferry to Calais, then eventually Paris), with an open kitchen displaying Chef Rees Smith and his culinary crew hard at work on crafting modern cuisine. Each dish is matched with a suggested wine pairing.
There is also an offbeat, grandiose perk within the hotel: a 446-tiered theater often used for performing-arts shows. Another creative outlet: the Connectivity Lounge (designed for business travelers, it's a hip space to toil away on one's computer) in partnership with Microsoft. Wine lovers will be surprised to see a well-curated wine stash (called Vinoteca by Pullman) at the restaurant as well as for room service.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Pullman Hotels
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com