Pullman Hotel Opens in London, is a Train Lover's Paradise
London's latest hotel serves as a love letter to train travel, borrowing inspiration from linear railway photos. In November, Pullman Hotels debuted the modern property—The Pullman London St. Pancras, its first in London—that's a quick walk from the Eurostar terminal (at St. Pancras station).
With 312 rooms (across six room categories, each featuring a docking station, free WiFi, and a Pullman bed), the property boasts views of the London skyline and convenient access to most major attractions. Golden Arrow is the hotel's restaurant and named for one of the first-class Pullman trains during the 1920s (which passengers traveled on from London to Dover, then hopping on a ferry to Calais, then eventually Paris), with an open kitchen displaying Chef Rees Smith and his culinary crew hard at work on crafting modern cuisine. Each dish is matched with a suggested wine pairing.
There is also an offbeat, grandiose perk within the hotel: a 446-tiered theater often used for performing-arts shows. Another creative outlet: the Connectivity Lounge (designed for business travelers, it's a hip space to toil away on one's computer) in partnership with Microsoft. Wine lovers will be surprised to see a well-curated wine stash (called Vinoteca by Pullman) at the restaurant as well as for room service.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Pullman Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays