Retro Hotel de Paris Reopens in Saint-Tropez
It’s no secret that Saint-Tropez, France, is a glitzy little hideaway. The newest (re)addition to the fab hotel scene will prove a pretty spot to enjoy the much-loved destination.
Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez reopened in February with amazing design features that include a clear-bottom pool suspended above the atrium on the hotel’s rooftop. Dating back to the 1930s, this property was a must-stay during the 1960s and 1970s for the celebrity elite. French designer Sybille de Margerie worked with Alain Guilhot to reimagine this hotel, which sits just 10 minutes from the beach. This included borrowing inspiration from the hotel’s most popular era—think flower-power prints, white lacquer, rattan, and shimmery fabrics.
Guests can dine at Le Suffren Café, where the bistro menu is manned by Georges Blanc—a Michelin three-star chef—or book a treatment at the spa (where there is also a sauna, steam room, and fitness center with Technogym). Other posh amenities include a cinema and a nail bar for impromptu mani/pedis. At Le Suffren Café there is a keen focus on cooking with locally grown ingredients, including herbs on the restaurant’s patio, for both lunch and dinner. The hotel’s rooftop bar Champagne serves sushi and caviar, paired with an amazing view. Cocktails are also available in the lobby bar, with tea time each afternoon.
The hotel features 52 rooms and 38 suites. Each is stocked with luxury touches like a rain shower, iPod station, terrace with a view of landscaped gardens, and a pillow menu.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo Credits: Photos courtesy of Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $519 & up -- Alaska: 7-Night Summer Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $109 & up -- New York City Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $4599 -- Suite: 15-Night Luxury Indian Ocean CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $99 & up -- Weekends at Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $66* & up -- Nationwide Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $199 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $50 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites