Retro Hotel de Paris Reopens in Saint-Tropez
It’s no secret that Saint-Tropez, France, is a glitzy little hideaway. The newest (re)addition to the fab hotel scene will prove a pretty spot to enjoy the much-loved destination.
Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez reopened in February with amazing design features that include a clear-bottom pool suspended above the atrium on the hotel’s rooftop. Dating back to the 1930s, this property was a must-stay during the 1960s and 1970s for the celebrity elite. French designer Sybille de Margerie worked with Alain Guilhot to reimagine this hotel, which sits just 10 minutes from the beach. This included borrowing inspiration from the hotel’s most popular era—think flower-power prints, white lacquer, rattan, and shimmery fabrics.
Guests can dine at Le Suffren Café, where the bistro menu is manned by Georges Blanc—a Michelin three-star chef—or book a treatment at the spa (where there is also a sauna, steam room, and fitness center with Technogym). Other posh amenities include a cinema and a nail bar for impromptu mani/pedis. At Le Suffren Café there is a keen focus on cooking with locally grown ingredients, including herbs on the restaurant’s patio, for both lunch and dinner. The hotel’s rooftop bar Champagne serves sushi and caviar, paired with an amazing view. Cocktails are also available in the lobby bar, with tea time each afternoon.
The hotel features 52 rooms and 38 suites. Each is stocked with luxury touches like a rain shower, iPod station, terrace with a view of landscaped gardens, and a pillow menu.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo Credits: Photos courtesy of Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways