Retro Hotel de Paris Reopens in Saint-Tropez
It’s no secret that Saint-Tropez, France, is a glitzy little hideaway. The newest (re)addition to the fab hotel scene will prove a pretty spot to enjoy the much-loved destination.
Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez reopened in February with amazing design features that include a clear-bottom pool suspended above the atrium on the hotel’s rooftop. Dating back to the 1930s, this property was a must-stay during the 1960s and 1970s for the celebrity elite. French designer Sybille de Margerie worked with Alain Guilhot to reimagine this hotel, which sits just 10 minutes from the beach. This included borrowing inspiration from the hotel’s most popular era—think flower-power prints, white lacquer, rattan, and shimmery fabrics.
Guests can dine at Le Suffren Café, where the bistro menu is manned by Georges Blanc—a Michelin three-star chef—or book a treatment at the spa (where there is also a sauna, steam room, and fitness center with Technogym). Other posh amenities include a cinema and a nail bar for impromptu mani/pedis. At Le Suffren Café there is a keen focus on cooking with locally grown ingredients, including herbs on the restaurant’s patio, for both lunch and dinner. The hotel’s rooftop bar Champagne serves sushi and caviar, paired with an amazing view. Cocktails are also available in the lobby bar, with tea time each afternoon.
The hotel features 52 rooms and 38 suites. Each is stocked with luxury touches like a rain shower, iPod station, terrace with a view of landscaped gardens, and a pillow menu.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo Credits: Photos courtesy of Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- 10 Artists' Homes You Can Visit
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $919* & up -- Flights to South Africa on Sale (R/T w/Tax)South African Airways
- $325 -- Oahu: 4-Star Waikiki Beach Resort, 20% OffSheraton Waikiki
- $579 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $269-$289 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffWestin St. Francis
- $134 & up -- Orlando: 4-Star Hotel near Disney, Save 35%Bohemian Hotel Celebration
- $161 & up -- FL: 'Orlando's Jewel' 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffGrand Bohemian Hotel Orlando