Hotel B Offers Exclusive Deal for Fodors.com
UPDATE: You guys, this deal just got even sweeter! The proprietors of Hotel B have just offered to not only up the ante on the discount they're offering to Fodor's readers, but they're extending the travel period, too! Instead of 20%, they're giving us 40% off all room types, and its valid through, um, the end of 2013!. Just note that over holidays, there may be a certain night minimum. See you in Cozumel!
Be honest: Doesn't a warm beach, with waves pounding the sand, and you in a chair with a good book, sound perfect right about now? Cozumel, Mexico, is less than a three-hour flight from most parts of the country, via either direct flights to the island or a flight into Cancun followed by a bus-ferry journey or a 15-minute charter flight on Maya Air.
If you think you've got Cozumel pegged as merely a cruise-ship stop or a place to chug down Coronas, think again. Hotel B opened in summer of 2011 as the island's first boutique hotel, offering bike rentals, yoga classes, a bistro, a spa, infinity-edge pool, and chic beachfront setting (think beds and red Adirondack chairs). It's perched above a cliff and offers splendid views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea. But the best part about this chic hotel is that owner Beatriz Tinajero—who bought the hotel from her father and turned it around practically overnight—believes in supporting small businesses, especially artisans. Each room is decorated with finds she's purchased from small villages throughout Mexico, like cute little straw purses, carved wooden boxes to hold trinkets, lacy scarves in white and pastel colors, and hand-woven placemats. The best part is, they're all for sale. You can also purchase these items in the retail area next to the check-in desk. Throughout the hotel you'll see gorgeous, vibrant paintings on the wall that are also up for grabs, with the money going back to the artist.
With just 45 rooms, Hotel B in Cozumel, Mexico, is a 15-minute bike ride to the downtown where rows of restaurants, shops, bars, and cafes await, allows you to retreat from everything if you like—but also have the option to head into town on a whim. Costenito Bistro dishes up plates of 10 signature ceviches, fish tacos, and shrimp pineapple tempura—all featuring locally caught seafood—for lunch and dinner, along with Mexican goat-milk toffee crepes for dessert. Breakfast is also a treat with "energetic juices," yogurt-based lassies, and Mexican specialties like enfrijoladas and chilaquiles. Couples or small groups can book a private dinner of lobster and other decadent eats on a little inlet, where you slip into Philippe Starck Ghost chairs and relax to the sound of waves crashing below.
Like the rest of the hotel, rooms are largely decorated in white but with added punches of color like seafoam green, salmon, and cherry red. And not that you need to plug in, but should you want to, Hotel B offers free WiFi service as well as a television in each room.
While sunbathing in a lounge chair around the infinity-edge pool or reclining on a curtained bed positioned on a stretch of sand above the water is recommended, so is grabbing a snorkel mask and scaling down a small ladder into the water. There is also a soaking tub carved into natural stone directly above the Caribbean Sea. A certified PADI dive center on site helps you go deeper into the sea, getting you up close and personal with stingrays.
Unwind at the spa by booking a massage with Rafael Quiroz, who is not only skilled at therapeutic massages but also a known expert in aquassage (a guided swim with massage techniques administered in the pool).
On some nights the hotel hosts live entertainment poolside (from flamenco dance to jazz) and outdoor movies, and occasionally a workshop is held, where guests are invited to try their hand at authentic Mexican crafts, such as Oaxacan painting techniques.
The (Sweet) Deal
Hotel B Cozumel is offering Fodor's readers the chance to see and experience a luxury boutique property in a favorite beach destination. Stay at Hotel B Cozumel and receive 40% off room rates (for all room categories), valid for travel through December 2013.
The Details: Visit HotelBCozumel.com for more info. To book this package email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +52 987 872 0300 and mention this exclusive Fodor's deal.Photos courtesy of Hotel B
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $43 -- CA: Six Flags Magic Mountain Day Pass, Reg. $68Visit Santa Clarita
- $118 & up -- Philadelphia Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $169-$179 -- Colorado: Top-Rated Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $449* & up -- Carnival 7-Night Caribbean CruisesCarnival Cruise Lines
- $999 & up -- 5-Night Vacation to Turks & Caicos, $400 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $929 & up -- Caribbean 4-Night 'Dreams' Vacation w/AirApple Vacations