Today, we’re excited to announce our Fodor’s 100 Hotel Awards 2011, the top hotels of the year as selected by Fodor’s editors and writers worldwide. The winners occupy eight exciting new categories that capture the diversity of the Fodor’s hotel universe:
- New & Noteworthy — The year’s best new and reinvented hotels
- Grande Dame — Legendary hotels with superlative history and service
- Casual Chic — Effortlessly stylish hotels with rustic-modern appeal
- Design — Cutting-edge boutique hotels at all price points
- Local Flavor — Go-to hotels for a truly authentic experience
- Clubby Atmosphere — Hip urban pied-à-terre
- Luxurious Retreat — Top choices for a complete escape
- Trusted Brand — World-class examples of international hotel chains
The selection process for the Fodor’s 100 required months of deliberations. Fodor’s writers and editors nominated several hundred hotel properties, representing the world’s best in our specified categories. From there, a team of senior editors at Fodor’s narrowed the list down to the top 100. After much debate, review, and consideration, the winning attributes of each property were evaluated and the final list of 100 hotels has been revealed.
We’re confident that this list will inspire your next getaway. Let us know what you think by adding your comments below.