Hip Shenkin Hotel Opens in Tel Aviv
Smack in Israel's largest metro area, sometimes called "the city that never sleeps," the hotel is close to attractions like the beach, lovely Neve Tzedek, and Carmel Market. To easily navigate further afield, bike-rental stands and public-transportation spots are just outside the hotel, as well.
Back at the hotel, guests can indulge in a spa treatment or ask knowledgeable staff for recommendations on where to eat, shop, or take in local art. The hotel prides itself on having a staff that knows the city inside and out in order to give choice local suggestions. (The hotel's tagline is "locals know best.") For example, breakfast at the Shenkin is served in a café next door and consists of traditional Israeli breakfast dishes.
Each room offers toiletries featuring ingredients sourced from the Dead Sea, modern-art pieces as décor, a flat-screen television, and organic Egyptian-cotton bed sheets. Free WiFi and no-cost international calls are boons for travelers needing to connect with home.
Another perk at Shenkin Hotel is the chic rooftop terrace, boasting gorgeous views of Tel Aviv's waterfront and skyline alike as well as a full bar. Reclining on comfy beds and chairs, it's a nice respite from the bustling city.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of the Shenkin Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $149-$179 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 40%The Westin Galleria Dallas
- $499 & up -- Canary Islands & Morocco 9-Nt. Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1807 & up -- London in Summer: 4-Night Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $999 -- Huatulco 7-Night 'Dreams' All-Inclusive VacationApple Vacations
- $119-$159 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 45%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $119 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotels, up to 75% Offtrivago