Hip Shenkin Hotel Opens in Tel Aviv
Smack in Israel's largest metro area, sometimes called "the city that never sleeps," the hotel is close to attractions like the beach, lovely Neve Tzedek, and Carmel Market. To easily navigate further afield, bike-rental stands and public-transportation spots are just outside the hotel, as well.
Back at the hotel, guests can indulge in a spa treatment or ask knowledgeable staff for recommendations on where to eat, shop, or take in local art. The hotel prides itself on having a staff that knows the city inside and out in order to give choice local suggestions. (The hotel's tagline is "locals know best.") For example, breakfast at the Shenkin is served in a café next door and consists of traditional Israeli breakfast dishes.
Each room offers toiletries featuring ingredients sourced from the Dead Sea, modern-art pieces as décor, a flat-screen television, and organic Egyptian-cotton bed sheets. Free WiFi and no-cost international calls are boons for travelers needing to connect with home.
Another perk at Shenkin Hotel is the chic rooftop terrace, boasting gorgeous views of Tel Aviv's waterfront and skyline alike as well as a full bar. Reclining on comfy beds and chairs, it's a nice respite from the bustling city.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of the Shenkin Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $139-$162 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $139 & up -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $95-$115 -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 60% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $999 & up -- Weeklong Cozumel All-Incl. Vacation incl. AirApple Vacations
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa