Hip Shenkin Hotel Opens in Tel Aviv
Smack in Israel's largest metro area, sometimes called "the city that never sleeps," the hotel is close to attractions like the beach, lovely Neve Tzedek, and Carmel Market. To easily navigate further afield, bike-rental stands and public-transportation spots are just outside the hotel, as well.
Back at the hotel, guests can indulge in a spa treatment or ask knowledgeable staff for recommendations on where to eat, shop, or take in local art. The hotel prides itself on having a staff that knows the city inside and out in order to give choice local suggestions. (The hotel's tagline is "locals know best.") For example, breakfast at the Shenkin is served in a café next door and consists of traditional Israeli breakfast dishes.
Each room offers toiletries featuring ingredients sourced from the Dead Sea, modern-art pieces as décor, a flat-screen television, and organic Egyptian-cotton bed sheets. Free WiFi and no-cost international calls are boons for travelers needing to connect with home.
Another perk at Shenkin Hotel is the chic rooftop terrace, boasting gorgeous views of Tel Aviv's waterfront and skyline alike as well as a full bar. Reclining on comfy beds and chairs, it's a nice respite from the bustling city.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of the Shenkin Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $739 & up -- Alaska: Weeklong Cruises incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line
- $539 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $92 & up -- LA: Long Beach Hotel incl. Breakfast, 40% OffBookIt.com
- $109 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $1199 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations