High-Flying Style and In-Flight Distractions: Weekly Roundup
This week we took to the friendly skies in a few very different ways—first we talked flying fashionably with 10 solid style-meets-comfort outfits and then we watched, in awe, when a trainer strapped a GoPro camera to the back of an eagle and hit record. And, as usual, weâ€™re globetrotting from Iceland to Hawaii and everywhere in between.
Jet-setting may sound like a breeze, but pulling it off with true globe-trotter panache is tough when you're talking about hours spent on crowded flights. These 10 savvy outfits keep the comfort levels high.
Take two minutes this morning to watch this awesome video of an eagle in flight. A trainer strapped a GoPro camera to this beautiful eagle, hit record, and let it fly.
Your days in Quebec City could easily be filled with monuments, museums, and charming neighborhoods. But save time for food—you won't want to miss the fantastic cuisine that blankets the city.
Jackson Hole may be the most common gateway to Yellowstone. But may we suggest Cody, Wyoming instead? Founded by Buffalo Bill, it has a fascinating history and is full of buckaroo spirit.
Fall is filled to the brim with festivals and new openings in Hawaii. Whether you go for a marathon, a lesson in coconut history, or to check out Maui's newest hotel, just make sure you go this fall.
In Iceland you can be sure that every experience will bring you closer to nature. But that's not to say that its capital city of Reykjavik isn't filled with wonderful culture, fantastic eats, and charm to spare.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $99-$109 -- Downtown Memphis Hotel on Weekdays, 35% OffSheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $118 -- 4-Diamond Calgary Hotel: Weekends w/ParkingWestin Calgary
- $169 -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $2725 & up -- Auckland & Sydney 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $80 -- 5-Star Luxury Punta Cana Resort w/Wi-Fi, Half OffBookIt.com
- $179* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America