Hawaiian Airlines Announces Extra Comfort Seating
Looking for a different approach to extra legroom in economy class? Check out Hawaiian Airlines and their newly announced Extra Comfort product, coming in June 2014 to the carrier's A330 aircraft. The new offering will feature 36 inch pitch of legroom, 5 inches more than the regular seats. And while Hawaiian might not be the first US carrier to offer economy class seats with extra legroom their offering is one of the most complete, going beyond just extra space on board to provide a number of benefits to passengers. The A330 planes serve the longer routes Hawaiian flies so the added comfort should be even more noticeable throughout the trip.
There will be 40 seats in the Extra Comfort cabin on each plane, offering much more than just extra legroom. Passengers will also receive the following benefits:
1. Priority Boarding
2. Complimentary on-demand entertainment
3. Power outlet at each seat
4. Complimentary pillow and blanket
5. Premium meal selections on international routes
In a statement Peter Ingram, Hawaiian Airlines executive vice president and chief commercial officer, was upbeat on the offering, focusing on the better in-flight experience customers can expect, "We are excited to introduce a new product that was carefully designed based on the feedback of our guests... [F]lying to and from Hawai'i will be more enjoyable than ever with our new Extra Comfort seating."
It is also worth noting that adding these benefits did not require Hawaiian to reduce the space available to other passengers on board. The airline accomplished the reconfiguration by adjusting the closets and bulkhead dividers on the plane rather than shifting the other seats around. This allowed them to keep the same total number of seats on each plane, increase the comfort for some passengers, increase their ancillary revenue and offer a better product overall. That should be a win for everyone.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $43 -- CA: Six Flags Magic Mountain Day Pass, Reg. $68Visit Santa Clarita
- $118 & up -- Philadelphia Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $169-$179 -- Colorado: Top-Rated Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $449* & up -- Carnival 7-Night Caribbean CruisesCarnival Cruise Lines
- $999 & up -- 5-Night Vacation to Turks & Caicos, $400 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $929 & up -- Caribbean 4-Night 'Dreams' Vacation w/AirApple Vacations