Happy Birthday, National Parks Service!
The National Park Service celebrates its 98th birthday on August 25, so in honor of the federal bureau that has helped preserve the country's most important and stunning landscapes, we've compiled this list of our National Parks coverage to inspire you to get out and see the great outdoors during the coming months.
10 Best National Parks for Fall Trips
There's never a bad time to visit one of the country's National Parks, but the colorful fall scenery makes for an especially beautiful scene. Check out our list of 10 best National Parks for fall trips.
Happy 150, Yosemite!
While the National Park Service is two years shy of its 100th birthday, Yosemite is now in its 150th year as a park, thanks to a grant signed by Abraham Lincoln in 1864. We have everything you need to you about where to stay at Yosemite National Park and to make the most of your trip, an insider's guide to Yosemite.
Long Weekend in Utah's National Parks
See the best of the Beehive State's natural beauty in just a few days with our guide to a long weekend in Utah's National Parks.
Where to Drink at National Parks
Add a bit of luxury to your outdoor adventure and discover the best places to drink at National Parks.
National Parks Photo Tips: How to Shoot Landscapes Like a Pro
The best nature shots are often the most difficult to capture when it comes to balancing light and composition. Take the perfect, pro-worthy shot of your next trip with our National Parks photo tips.
Best Family Experiences at 5 Top National Parks
Keep everyone entertained with our advice for the best family experiences at 5 top National Parks.
National Parks in a Day: 5 Top Parks, 5 Single-Day Tours
Whether you're passing through an area with a National Park or have just enough time for a quick vacation, don't be deterred by time constraints. You can cover a lot of ground in a day, so check out our guide to National Parks in a Day: 5 Top Parks, 5 Single-Day Tours.
Photo Credit: © Lane Erickson | Dreamstime.com (photographer); Elena Yakusheva/Shutterstock (hikers); © Robert Zehetmayer | Dreamstime.com (Yellowstone Lower Falls)
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- $1235 & up -- 6-Nt Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $4.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $159 -- Philadelphia: Old City Hotel thru Summer, Save 35%Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- $142 & up -- Vancouver 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, Save 55%The Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line