Hanoi Heats Up with Opening of JW Marriott
Carlos Zapata Studio was tapped to design the 450-room property (the 11 room categories include 56 suites), resulting in a "reverse skyscraper" effect, which the hotel cites as an interpretive symbol of a dragon. Located next to the National Convention Center of West Hanoi, and also near attractions like Bat Trang Ceramics Village, Bai Dinh Temple, Van Phuc Silk Village, and Dong Xuan Market, the hotel strives to serve both leisure and business travelers alike.
Each of the rooms offers a cozy ambiance with wood flooring and floor-to-ceiling windows allowing in natural light and city views. A marble shower, Bose sound system with docking station, and a 42-inch flat-screen television are also in each unit.
Six restaurants and bars inside JW Marriott Hanoi propose plenty of options for noshing and imbibing, like steaks paired with wine at French Grill; Cantonese dishes at The Chinese Palace (opens in January); and the all-day-long menu at JW Café, with its global twist. Antidote Bar, meanwhile, serves craft cocktails and dinner fare to the tune of DJs for those looking for some nightlife right on site.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006, she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- 15 Jaw-Dropping Hotels in the Caribbean
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- $1479& up -- Amalfi Coast & Rome 6-Nt. Villa Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $799 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Italy, France & Spain CruiseCosta Cruises
- $233-$269 -- NYC: Times Square Hotel incl. Holidays, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $139 & up -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $939 & up -- Jamaica: Montego Bay Riu Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $183 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Tribeca Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Tribeca