Hanoi Heats Up with Opening of JW Marriott
Carlos Zapata Studio was tapped to design the 450-room property (the 11 room categories include 56 suites), resulting in a "reverse skyscraper" effect, which the hotel cites as an interpretive symbol of a dragon. Located next to the National Convention Center of West Hanoi, and also near attractions like Bat Trang Ceramics Village, Bai Dinh Temple, Van Phuc Silk Village, and Dong Xuan Market, the hotel strives to serve both leisure and business travelers alike.
Each of the rooms offers a cozy ambiance with wood flooring and floor-to-ceiling windows allowing in natural light and city views. A marble shower, Bose sound system with docking station, and a 42-inch flat-screen television are also in each unit.
Six restaurants and bars inside JW Marriott Hanoi propose plenty of options for noshing and imbibing, like steaks paired with wine at French Grill; Cantonese dishes at The Chinese Palace (opens in January); and the all-day-long menu at JW Café, with its global twist. Antidote Bar, meanwhile, serves craft cocktails and dinner fare to the tune of DJs for those looking for some nightlife right on site.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006, she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $68-$71 -- LA: Manhattan Beach Hotel w/Breakfast, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $289 & up -- Ends 1/31: Cruise Sale w/Up to $300 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $235 & up -- 4-Star Kauai Resort w/Two-for-One BreakfastSheraton Kauai Resort
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland
- $199-$239 -- Oahu: Waikiki 4-Star Resort, 60% OffHilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort