Hanoi Heats Up with Opening of JW Marriott
Carlos Zapata Studio was tapped to design the 450-room property (the 11 room categories include 56 suites), resulting in a "reverse skyscraper" effect, which the hotel cites as an interpretive symbol of a dragon. Located next to the National Convention Center of West Hanoi, and also near attractions like Bat Trang Ceramics Village, Bai Dinh Temple, Van Phuc Silk Village, and Dong Xuan Market, the hotel strives to serve both leisure and business travelers alike.
Each of the rooms offers a cozy ambiance with wood flooring and floor-to-ceiling windows allowing in natural light and city views. A marble shower, Bose sound system with docking station, and a 42-inch flat-screen television are also in each unit.
Six restaurants and bars inside JW Marriott Hanoi propose plenty of options for noshing and imbibing, like steaks paired with wine at French Grill; Cantonese dishes at The Chinese Palace (opens in January); and the all-day-long menu at JW Café, with its global twist. Antidote Bar, meanwhile, serves craft cocktails and dinner fare to the tune of DJs for those looking for some nightlife right on site.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006, she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $899 & up -- Hawaii All-Islands Cruises w/Credit & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $699 & up -- Cayman Island Vacation Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $549 -- 7-Night Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$100 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $3799 -- Vietnam 10-Night Cruise w/Credit, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $449 & up -- Bermuda Weeklong Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $599 & up -- Western Mediterranean 7-Day Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line