Good Eats, Great Drinks, and New Digs: Weekend Roundup
This week we treated our palate and our stomach and then highlighted some places to relax our exhausted bodies afterwards. With in-depth guides to Denver's enormous beer festival and 10 outstanding wine fests, we know after these indulgences we'd need the relaxation offered at some of the amazing new Caribbean resorts.
It’s the time of year to raise a mug to the biggest 16 days in beer-drinking—Oktoberfest. Here are 15 great places to visit and learn a little bit about exactly what goes into a grog, while sampling a few, too.
Avid beer lovers will pour into Denver (get it?) next month to try an enormous collection of American beers—more than 600 breweries will be pouring. Here's one local's tips to doing it right.
From Martha’s Vineyard to Sin City, and even Disney World, here are 10 of the best fall wine festivals—and they're all outside Napa and Sonoma. Expect grand tastings with opportunities to sip dozens of wines, wine-geek seminars, winemaker dinners, and chefs’ cooking demos.
One of the best food writers working now, Anya von Bremzen has a new book out that goes back to her roots, exploring the foods of Soviet Russia. Here, she talks travels past, present, and future, with plenty of culinary highlights thrown in.
In the past year, several new hotels have upped the stakes, including brand-new properties and reinvented hotels that have made modern tweaks to draw more travelers to their shores. No matter what you're looking for—romance, adventure, seclusion, or great eats—there's a new (or renovated) hotel in the Caribbean for you.
A sleek, new hotel has arrived in Lisbon's oldest neighborhood, Alfama. With leisurely check-ins, communal dining, and a book library to borrow from, it redefines the classic hotel concept.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $529 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to the Bahamas, $190 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $629 & up -- 5-Nt. All-Inclusive Jamaica Trip, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $549 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Spring, $440 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $2799 -- 7-Night Luxury Tahiti Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Cruise to Key West & Cozumel, $240 offRoyal Caribbean
- $1299 -- Ireland: 6-Night Trip w/B&Bs & 5-Star CastleGreat Value Vacations