Glam Graham Hotel Now Open in Washington D.C.
On the heels of Capella Washington D.C.'s opening, another luxury boutique property has opened in the same neighborhood among cool shops (from Barneys New York to the indie bookstore Bridge Street Books) and three cupcake bakeries that have cultivated a national buzz (DC Cupcakes, Sprinkles, and Baked and Wired).
The Graham Georgetown is a 57-room hotel touting perks like a rooftop bar and a restaurant. In each room are Bvlgari White Tea bath amenities to pamper yourself with in the white-marble and mosaic-tiled bathrooms, along with Liddell Ireland bed linens and modern audio/video systems that can easily pipe in your favorite movies or tunes. WiFi is available at no cost in each room, too. Rooms, representing eight categories, including a few suites, are spread across seven floors, providing a little bit of privacy and quiet after a hectic day of sightseeing in the nation's capital.
At A.G.B., which opens in May, breakfast and dinner menus have a farm-to-table philosophy and include casual eats like soups, salads, and sandwiches. Craft cocktails, including an ode to Frank Sinatra called "Old Blue Eyes;" fitting as he often stayed at the hotel under its previous name and ownership (Hotel Monticello), are the focus at The Observatory, a rooftop bar boasting panoramic views of classic capital attractions like the Kennedy Center and the Washington Monument. On rainy or cool days, a lower-level bar ensures libations are still in order.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of The Graham Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2385 & up -- Italy: 5-Night Rome Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Riviera Maya Vacation w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $143 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $519 & up -- Alaska: 7-Night Summer Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line