GetGoing.com Offers Majorly Discounted Airfare, With a Catch
Listen up... There's a new way of flying, and apparently it's by the seat of your pants. Actually, it's called GetGoing.com, a flight-booking site takes a bold approach to travel decisions...
It makes them for you.
That's right, feeling a little indecisive or adventurous about your next destination? Give GetGoing.com an idea of the general area of the world you'd like to see OR the kind of a vacation you want to take, and it will scour its resources for discount flights up to 40% off.
The catch? Once you narrow down your destinations to two, the site makes your final destination choice and books one of the two flights. Let's break it down...
Step 1: GetGoing asks you for a city name or airport of departure, a world region (i.e. Africa and Middle East), or type of experience (like "Beaches and Sun" or "History and Culture"), dates of departure and arrival, and number of travelers.
Step 2: They provide a list of destinations, flight options, and even allow you to compare prices with other travel sites.
Step 3: You choose two destinations/flights based on preferred time, price, number of stops, airport, and duration of flight.
Step 4: Enter your contact and credit card billing information and click "Complete this purchase."
Step 5: Feel a tingle up your spine as the anticipation builds.
Step 6: GetGoing books one of the flights, and only then do you find out where you're headed. Surprise! (Sort of!)
In an interview with NBC News, co-founder and CEO Alek Vernitsky explains that the aspect of not knowing for sure where you're going cuts out a large swatch of flyers who would rather pay full-price for specificity's sake. So the airlines can be more accommodating to flyers who won't pay full price and offer discounts.
As of now GetGoing offers more than 15 airports of departure to destinations worldwide, with more airports to come, according to the company. Due to contracts with its suppliers the site uses a firewall, so consumers will need to request an invitation and then create a login for the site. But at up to 40% off, and with, quite frankly, a bit of a thrill to boot, it may be well worth it.
Images courtesy of GetGoing.com
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Riviera Maya Vacation w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $99 & up -- Austin Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $424 & up -- Carnival 5-Day Bahamas Cruise w/Live ConcertCarnival Cruise Lines
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Havana Vacation w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $2499 -- Oceanview: 7-Night Luxe Alaska Cruise incl. AirOceania Cruises
- $84 & up -- Baltimore Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago