Gale South Beach and Regent Hotel to Open Next Month
Located at Collins Avenue and 17th Street with stylish galleries, boutiques, and restaurants as neighbors, the 87-room hotel with vintage flair was built in 1941 (as Gale South & Regent Hotel) by Miami architect L. Murray Dixon who adopted a tropical Art Deco design. Its Italian Riviera-influenced look is evident from the outside (think a creamy-white exterior and a black-and-white striped awning) as well as the minute you walk through the doors and spot a monochromatic rhapsody of gold hues in the lobby.
There are contemporary facets to this newly revived hotel, too, like a fitness center, an offshoot of Chicago's Drumbar (the speakeasy-inspired lounge's original location is on the rooftop of Gold Coast hotel Raffaello Hotel), a 5,000-square-foot rooftop pool deck, and a subterranean nightclub. Dolce Italian is the on-site restaurant, with a wood-burning pizza oven, pasta dishes, Italian-style steaks, and seafood entrees. As an ode to the original Regent Cocktail Club in the hotel's former incarnation, there is a spot to smoke a cigar on the patio or sip classic cocktails in a cozy interior (think avocado-green pillows, ivory walls, and dark woods). An unobstructed ocean view awaits on the rooftop where a pool is surrounded by chaise lounge chairs, as well as a bar and restaurant.
Rooms (across five categories) channel 1940s glam with silver silk curtains and marble-bathroom fixtures, along with GuyandGirl bath amenities that are exclusive to Menin Hotels, 400-thread-count Italian robes, an iHome docking station, high-speed wireless Internet, and a 47-inch high-definition LCD TV. Guests even get two complimentary chairs at The Shelborne South Beach's Beach Club, which is a neighboring sister property.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $956 & up -- Aruba: 5-Nt. Vacation Packages w/AirApple Vacations
- $129 & up -- Orlando: 4-Star Resort Inside Disney, Reg. $339BookIt.com
- $765 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $799 & up -- 4-Star Los Cabos All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $549 -- 7-Night Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$100 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $144 & up -- Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport