Gale South Beach and Regent Hotel to Open Next Month
Located at Collins Avenue and 17th Street with stylish galleries, boutiques, and restaurants as neighbors, the 87-room hotel with vintage flair was built in 1941 (as Gale South & Regent Hotel) by Miami architect L. Murray Dixon who adopted a tropical Art Deco design. Its Italian Riviera-influenced look is evident from the outside (think a creamy-white exterior and a black-and-white striped awning) as well as the minute you walk through the doors and spot a monochromatic rhapsody of gold hues in the lobby.
There are contemporary facets to this newly revived hotel, too, like a fitness center, an offshoot of Chicago's Drumbar (the speakeasy-inspired lounge's original location is on the rooftop of Gold Coast hotel Raffaello Hotel), a 5,000-square-foot rooftop pool deck, and a subterranean nightclub. Dolce Italian is the on-site restaurant, with a wood-burning pizza oven, pasta dishes, Italian-style steaks, and seafood entrees. As an ode to the original Regent Cocktail Club in the hotel's former incarnation, there is a spot to smoke a cigar on the patio or sip classic cocktails in a cozy interior (think avocado-green pillows, ivory walls, and dark woods). An unobstructed ocean view awaits on the rooftop where a pool is surrounded by chaise lounge chairs, as well as a bar and restaurant.
Rooms (across five categories) channel 1940s glam with silver silk curtains and marble-bathroom fixtures, along with GuyandGirl bath amenities that are exclusive to Menin Hotels, 400-thread-count Italian robes, an iHome docking station, high-speed wireless Internet, and a 47-inch high-definition LCD TV. Guests even get two complimentary chairs at The Shelborne South Beach's Beach Club, which is a neighboring sister property.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $109 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort incl. WeekendsWestin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $129-$139 -- Stylish Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $779 -- Alaska: 7-Night Glacier Cruise on NorwegianCruiseDeals
- $2299 -- Ireland Land-Only Escorted Trip in SpringGlobus
- $2405 -- Luxe Rhine River Cruise w/Drinks, Tips & ToursA-ROSA Cruises
- $69-$79 -- MA: Hip Cape Cod Hotel incl. Weekends, 45% OffHarbor Hotel Provincetown