Gale South Beach and Regent Hotel to Open Next Month
Located at Collins Avenue and 17th Street with stylish galleries, boutiques, and restaurants as neighbors, the 87-room hotel with vintage flair was built in 1941 (as Gale South & Regent Hotel) by Miami architect L. Murray Dixon who adopted a tropical Art Deco design. Its Italian Riviera-influenced look is evident from the outside (think a creamy-white exterior and a black-and-white striped awning) as well as the minute you walk through the doors and spot a monochromatic rhapsody of gold hues in the lobby.
There are contemporary facets to this newly revived hotel, too, like a fitness center, an offshoot of Chicago's Drumbar (the speakeasy-inspired lounge's original location is on the rooftop of Gold Coast hotel Raffaello Hotel), a 5,000-square-foot rooftop pool deck, and a subterranean nightclub. Dolce Italian is the on-site restaurant, with a wood-burning pizza oven, pasta dishes, Italian-style steaks, and seafood entrees. As an ode to the original Regent Cocktail Club in the hotel's former incarnation, there is a spot to smoke a cigar on the patio or sip classic cocktails in a cozy interior (think avocado-green pillows, ivory walls, and dark woods). An unobstructed ocean view awaits on the rooftop where a pool is surrounded by chaise lounge chairs, as well as a bar and restaurant.
Rooms (across five categories) channel 1940s glam with silver silk curtains and marble-bathroom fixtures, along with GuyandGirl bath amenities that are exclusive to Menin Hotels, 400-thread-count Italian robes, an iHome docking station, high-speed wireless Internet, and a 47-inch high-definition LCD TV. Guests even get two complimentary chairs at The Shelborne South Beach's Beach Club, which is a neighboring sister property.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $77 & up -- Suite at North Myrtle Beach Resort, 40% OffBeach Cove Resort
- $79 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $169-$199 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $1199 & up -- London & Dublin 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $149-$179 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 40%The Westin Galleria Dallas
- $119-$159 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 45%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa