Gale South Beach and Regent Hotel to Open Next Month
Located at Collins Avenue and 17th Street with stylish galleries, boutiques, and restaurants as neighbors, the 87-room hotel with vintage flair was built in 1941 (as Gale South & Regent Hotel) by Miami architect L. Murray Dixon who adopted a tropical Art Deco design. Its Italian Riviera-influenced look is evident from the outside (think a creamy-white exterior and a black-and-white striped awning) as well as the minute you walk through the doors and spot a monochromatic rhapsody of gold hues in the lobby.
There are contemporary facets to this newly revived hotel, too, like a fitness center, an offshoot of Chicago's Drumbar (the speakeasy-inspired lounge's original location is on the rooftop of Gold Coast hotel Raffaello Hotel), a 5,000-square-foot rooftop pool deck, and a subterranean nightclub. Dolce Italian is the on-site restaurant, with a wood-burning pizza oven, pasta dishes, Italian-style steaks, and seafood entrees. As an ode to the original Regent Cocktail Club in the hotel's former incarnation, there is a spot to smoke a cigar on the patio or sip classic cocktails in a cozy interior (think avocado-green pillows, ivory walls, and dark woods). An unobstructed ocean view awaits on the rooftop where a pool is surrounded by chaise lounge chairs, as well as a bar and restaurant.
Rooms (across five categories) channel 1940s glam with silver silk curtains and marble-bathroom fixtures, along with GuyandGirl bath amenities that are exclusive to Menin Hotels, 400-thread-count Italian robes, an iHome docking station, high-speed wireless Internet, and a 47-inch high-definition LCD TV. Guests even get two complimentary chairs at The Shelborne South Beach's Beach Club, which is a neighboring sister property.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $63-$79 -- Condo at Panama City Beachfront Resort, Half OffBookIt.com
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $649 & up -- Los Cabos: All-Incl. Beach Getaway w/Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $449 -- 5-Nt. Bermuda Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1474 -- Oceanview: 12-Nt. Europe Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand