From Wine Country to Horse Country: Weekly Roundup
From Paris to Paso Robles and from the Kentucky Derby to National Parks Week, spring is in full swing here at Fodor's. We turned to real-life experts for tips on the Kentucky Derby and how to travel with toddlers; we got proverbially tipsy on Chipotle's new Patron margaritas; and got all dolled up for a city break in Paris. Where will you dive in first?
You may have your hat packed and mint juleps on the mind, but there's more to doing the epic Kentucky Derby right. We turned to a few Louisville locals and got their hard-won secrets.
Striped tee? Check. Black ballet flats? Of course. A makeup bag stocked with products to complete sleek Parisian look? You're not finished packing for Paris till you snag these five musts.
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry fee. Whether you go this week, or spread your trips out all summer-long, these are the six parks to hit this year.
Traveling as a new family can be one of life's great joys and also one of its most frustrating endeavors. But with the right tools, it can be easy (!) and fun (!!) for all. We turned to four new moms for their top tips.
Stuck in the shadows of California's marquee wine regions, Paso Robles has been overlooked for too long. Here are 11 reasons to drop everything and go now, before everyone else discovers it.
In this edition of Chipotle news, we come to you with two updates. First, their margaritas will now be made with Patron. Second, their third annual Cultivate Festival has an amazing lineup of events.
Photo credits: Kentucky Derby via Shutterstock; Beauty product collage by Fodor's; Wind Cave park aboveground via Shutterstock; Portrait of Isabelle and daughter Sophie courtesy of Isabelle Bauer Rovner; Paso Robles vineyards via Shutterstock; Margarita via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $175 & up -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Times Square
- $2299 & up -- Exotic Borneo & Bangkok Trip w/AirFriendly Planet Travel
- $99* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale, O/WVirgin America
- $159-$199 -- 4-Star Charlotte Hotel incl. Weekends, 35% OffThe Westin Charlotte
- $1395 & up -- Paris & Prague 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $109 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort incl. WeekendsWestin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa