King Crab Safaris and Home-Cooked Meals: Weekly Roundup
Now that we're coming out of winter hibernation, it's time to start planning tons of fun trips for the year. And boy did we bring something for everyone this week—we'll help you forage in the English countryside, hang out on a Great Barrier Reef pontoon, hike your way through West Texas, and plan a kid-friendly trip to Paris. We've got all that and more in this week's top stories.
You could probably write your own Insider's Guide to Austin by now. But there's plenty more Texas to discover, and we suggest starting with West Texas. Here's our guide to Big Bend, Marfa, and more.
Samoa Air introduced a new fee structure this week that makes passengers pay based on what they (together with their bags) weigh. Will this be a new trend in the industry? Or will it stop there?
Paris is for lovers...history fans, culture hounds, and foodies of every ilk. Luckily, it's for kids, too. There's no end to Paris's pint-sized attractions, but these are our favorites.
There's no better way to dive head first into a new culture than by dining like and among the locals. So this new-ish trend of locals inviting travelers in for home-cooked meals is right up our alley.
The glorious Great Barrier Reef just begs to be explored, and there are many more ways to do so than just scuba. Why not see it from above in a seaplane or submerge yourself in a semi-sub boat?
We don't have to tell you how incredibly fun it is to discover a destination via food and drink. But real foodies go beyond dinner reservations—get your hands dirty on these great culinary trips.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $799 & up -- 4-Star Los Cabos All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $118 & up -- FL Keys: 4.5-Star Waterfront Resort, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France