From Everest to Abbey Road: Weekly Roundup
We reached high highs and cool lows this week, with tips for first timers looking to climb Mt. Everest, ways to explore the Atacama desert in Chile, and hidden gems straight from the locals in five major US cities. You don't want to miss any of this, believe us.
Author Broughton Coburn knows more than a thing or two about Mt. Everest. He's the author of several books on the subject, including the recent The Vast Unknown: America's First Ascent of Everest. Here, he pulls the curtain back on what you can really expect from climbing Everest. (Plus, there's a sweepstakes!)
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. And there's no better way to celebrate the milestone than with a Fab Four-themed adventure in Liverpool and London.
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've uncovered the inside track on where the locals go in five major cities across the country.
The Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth. And its surreal and dramatic landscape is now host to a handful of properties that offer a mix of luxury stays with a healthy dose of adventure.
What does it mean to be jet set? Being set to jet at a moment's notice. That means keeping a vanity bag filled with compact versions of beauty and skincare favorites like these.
They said it couldn't be done...that it's impossible to find a tour bus-free patch of Tuscany to explore. They were wrong. This food-and-wine-filled Tuscan itinerary has more hand-made pasta than tourists.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $489 & up -- 4-Star Puerto Rico 4-Night Trip w/Air, $520 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $164 & up -- 4-Star Midtown Manhattan Westin, 30% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $99 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through SpringVisit Arizona
- $2799 -- 10-Night Alaska Cruise w/Tips, $200 Credit & AirOceania Cruises
- $5899 -- 14 Nts: London to Stockholm w/Air & $400 CreditOceania Cruises
- $129-$189 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, Save 30%The Westin Michigan Avenue