From a DC Insider to an Isle of Jersey Outsider: Weekly Roundup
This week we explored the mysterious Isle of Jersey through Victor Hugo's eyes, we got five solid reasons to visit Baja, we taste-tested the newest James Beard Award winners, and we got the inside track on Washington DC's food scene. You really can't afford to miss this stuff.
From iPad check-ins and remote control of your rooms lighting and temperature to an interactive app from your resort, hotels are jumping on the tech-savvy bandwagon. Here are our favorite innovations.
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek dishes and drinks we've never heard of. Believe us, it's high time we got past baklava.
Psst...Want to know where to really find the best eats in (and around) DC? We've got the goods for you right here. Chef Kyle Bailey divulges his favorites from morning coffee to late night bites.
The Isle of Jersey today is a tax haven and vacation spot. But in Victor Hugo's day, it was a mystical island and was his home after political exile from France. Author M.J. Rose returned to Hugo's Jersey to research her latest novel. Here she unearths her best finds.
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table at the medal-bearing restaurants across the country. Start with these five top picks.
Go beyond Cabo San Lucas and discover the real Baja in towns like Todos Santos and Pescadero. Think empty beaches, no-name taco stands, stunning hiking trails, and nightly pink sunsets.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015