Food Trips & Budget-Friendly Stays: Weekend Roundup
This week, we're all about planning trips for food lovers (aka all of us!), all the while saving you money on lodging so that you can indulgently try every plate. With exciting food destinations like Barcelona and Portland, Oregon, we've taken all the trouble out of deciding on what and where to eat. Then we discovered the best travel deals during this season's "sweet spot" and gathered the greatest budget hotels to ensure maximum dessert-delivering funds.
Luxurious resorts and high-end hotels offer incredible deals during fall and winter's "sweet spot" for travel. From free car rentals to savings of 20 percent for your stay, these deals are ripe for a fall or winter getaway!
America's quirkiest culinary capital has bars and restaurants to spare, but insiders look outside of Portland's city limits for tasty tours like no other. Here are five itineraries to satisfy every craving.
Less expensive doesn't have to mean an unimpressive stay at a lackluster hotel. This collection of budget hotels, straight from our Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards, are true gems, offering luxury amenities at manageable prices.
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery. See (and taste) it all on this perfect food-lover's road trip through Basque country.
From fudgey brownies topped with smooth ice cream to truly artistic pies and cakes, America has more than enough to offer when it comes to tasty treats. So forget about the calories, and indulge your sweet tooth with our 20 top American dessert spots!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3860 & up -- Europe: 9-Nt. Trip w/London, Paris, ItalyGreat Value Vacations
- $499 & up -- Oceanview: 7 Nt. Cruise to the CaribbeanMSC Cruises
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises
- $1219 & up -- Prague, Vienna & Budapest 7-Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $529 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to the Bahamas, $190 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $4599 -- Suite: 15-Night Luxury Indian Ocean CruiseWindstar Cruises