Food Trips & Budget-Friendly Stays: Weekend Roundup
This week, we're all about planning trips for food lovers (aka all of us!), all the while saving you money on lodging so that you can indulgently try every plate. With exciting food destinations like Barcelona and Portland, Oregon, we've taken all the trouble out of deciding on what and where to eat. Then we discovered the best travel deals during this season's "sweet spot" and gathered the greatest budget hotels to ensure maximum dessert-delivering funds.
Luxurious resorts and high-end hotels offer incredible deals during fall and winter's "sweet spot" for travel. From free car rentals to savings of 20 percent for your stay, these deals are ripe for a fall or winter getaway!
America's quirkiest culinary capital has bars and restaurants to spare, but insiders look outside of Portland's city limits for tasty tours like no other. Here are five itineraries to satisfy every craving.
Less expensive doesn't have to mean an unimpressive stay at a lackluster hotel. This collection of budget hotels, straight from our Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards, are true gems, offering luxury amenities at manageable prices.
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery. See (and taste) it all on this perfect food-lover's road trip through Basque country.
From fudgey brownies topped with smooth ice cream to truly artistic pies and cakes, America has more than enough to offer when it comes to tasty treats. So forget about the calories, and indulge your sweet tooth with our 20 top American dessert spots!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2014
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $284-$300 -- Upscale Brazil Resort w/Drinks Using MasterCardSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $134-$143 -- Colombia: 4-Star Bogota Hotel, Save 40%Sheraton Bogota Hotel
- $579 & up -- Punta Cana: 4-Star, All-Inclusive Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $1170 & up -- Weeklong Irish Castle Escape w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $99-$129 -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa