Follow World Cup Fever in Brazil on Fodors.com
In just over six months, crazed soccer fans the world over will descend upon Brazil, winner of five World Cup soccer championships, and the official 2014 host for football fever. From June 12 to July 13, 2014, cheering and chanting will be heard across a dozen Brazilian host cities during the World Cup games. Want to get in on the action? Start planning your own winning trip to Brazil with the "World Cup Fever" section on Fodors.com.
Learn where each of the 64 World Cup matches will be held, from northwestern Manaus to southern Porto Alegre, and discover all that Brazil has done in preparation for the oncoming droves of fans. Explore the interactive map to check out the up-to-date 2014 World Cup schedule to see when and where your team will be playing.
If you're headed to a game, hotels are sure to book up quickly, and space will be limited, even with the 147 new hotels built especially for the event. Consult the Fodor's World Cup Fever planning guide to see which lodging options Fodor's trusted Brazil experts recommend.
Brazil's vast size means that host cities are spread far and wide, a bonus for exploring the country's diversity, but a challenge for traveling between locales. Fodor's World Cup travel tips lay out the logistics, outlining the best ways to city-hop, including flight options and public transportation suggestions.
Once the matches finally arrive, you'll want to be sure you're ready and waiting. Attending a World Cup match is a spectacular event—read through Fodor's tips to ensure you're not caught in traffic instead of in your seat. Or, if you can't swing tickets to a match, check out the list of fan-friendly locales in each host city, where you can watch the games on massive screens.
You'll soon discover that soccer is much more than a sport to Brazilians: It's a shared national passion and an art form. The 2014 World Cup is sure to be an exciting event that no soccer enthusiast will want to miss, so, start planning today!
Photo Credits: Maracana Stadium: Manfred Gottschalk / Alamy; Soccer game at Maracana Stadium: epa european pressphoto agency b.v. / Alamy
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $278 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Save 10%The Westin New York Grand Central
- $199 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $197 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $129-$169 -- Weekends at Atlanta 4-Star Hotel, 35% OffRenaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
- $579 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line