Follow Favorite: Vintage Wanderlust
The eclectic "travel ephemera" on Jennifer Gillespie's Vintage Wanderlust Pinterest board paints a picture of a bygone era in travel. The colorful illustrated travel ads and posters speak forth from a golden age in which the idea of travel was thoroughly glamorous, and advancements in transportation were just starting to pick up speed. The whole board tells of a collective excitement at the endless possibilities of travel: you can feel it in the bold logos and hyperbolic ads, the eye-catching, Technicolor paintings and illustrations. It's a delight to browse through and will inspire a whole new kind of wanderlust—this one for the past itself.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Products and Services Every Super Traveler Needs
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Luxurious Log Cabins Across the U.S.
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- $659 & up -- Jamaica 5-Night All-Incl. Trip; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $799 & up -- Puerto Vallarta Beach Getaway w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations
- $399 & up -- Jamaica: Seven Mile Beach Resort w/AirfareCheapCaribbean.com
- $99 -- Florida: Captiva Hotel w/Daily Breakfast and ExtrasCaptiva Island Inn
- $169 & up -- SoCal: Carlsbad 4-Star Resort near LegolandSheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- $149 -- NY: Long Island Sound Escape w/Cocktails, Save 40%Danfords Hotel & Marina