Follow Favorite: Vintage Wanderlust
The eclectic "travel ephemera" on Jennifer Gillespie's Vintage Wanderlust Pinterest board paints a picture of a bygone era in travel. The colorful illustrated travel ads and posters speak forth from a golden age in which the idea of travel was thoroughly glamorous, and advancements in transportation were just starting to pick up speed. The whole board tells of a collective excitement at the endless possibilities of travel: you can feel it in the bold logos and hyperbolic ads, the eye-catching, Technicolor paintings and illustrations. It's a delight to browse through and will inspire a whole new kind of wanderlust—this one for the past itself.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $1329* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $235 & up -- 4-Star Kauai Resort w/Two-for-One BreakfastSheraton Kauai Resort
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $72 & up -- Portland Hotel Deals up to 55% OffTravel Portland