Follow Favorite: Vintage Wanderlust
The eclectic "travel ephemera" on Jennifer Gillespie's Vintage Wanderlust Pinterest board paints a picture of a bygone era in travel. The colorful illustrated travel ads and posters speak forth from a golden age in which the idea of travel was thoroughly glamorous, and advancements in transportation were just starting to pick up speed. The whole board tells of a collective excitement at the endless possibilities of travel: you can feel it in the bold logos and hyperbolic ads, the eye-catching, Technicolor paintings and illustrations. It's a delight to browse through and will inspire a whole new kind of wanderlust—this one for the past itself.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $109 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $149 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $92 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $121-$162 -- Maine: 4-Star Downtown Portland Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Portland Harborview