Follow Favorite: Vintage Wanderlust
The eclectic "travel ephemera" on Jennifer Gillespie's Vintage Wanderlust Pinterest board paints a picture of a bygone era in travel. The colorful illustrated travel ads and posters speak forth from a golden age in which the idea of travel was thoroughly glamorous, and advancements in transportation were just starting to pick up speed. The whole board tells of a collective excitement at the endless possibilities of travel: you can feel it in the bold logos and hyperbolic ads, the eye-catching, Technicolor paintings and illustrations. It's a delight to browse through and will inspire a whole new kind of wanderlust—this one for the past itself.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $3379 & up -- Germany & Austria 7-Nt. Escorted Trip w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $131-$175 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $609 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $629 & up -- Weeklong Bermuda Cruises incl. ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $109 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Resort, Save 65%Westin Snowmass Resort