Follow Favorite: tubeinblackandwhite
There's an arresting, poignant nostalgia to photographer/Instagrammer Andrew Dearling's monochrome photos of the London Underground—even though he uses a Sony NEX 5 to capture them. Something about the simplicity and austerity of the shots—which Dearling "often gets caught" taking—makes them timeless captures of everything in transit, from lovers to bankers. Dearling posts a picture a day of the Tube, but they're so striking you can almost feel the whoosh of wind through the tunnel as trains whiz past, or the sleepy silence of a morning commute. It isn't an easy feat to capture the odd juxtaposition of isolation and camaraderie that comes with being squeezed into a speeding train car with the rest of a sprawling city, but this 'grammer does it.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $145* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $82* & up -- Toronto Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WToronto Escapes
- $319 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $419 & up -- Norwegian Getaway Cruise Sale w/UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line