Follow Favorite: tubeinblackandwhite
There's an arresting, poignant nostalgia to photographer/Instagrammer Andrew Dearling's monochrome photos of the London Underground—even though he uses a Sony NEX 5 to capture them. Something about the simplicity and austerity of the shots—which Dearling "often gets caught" taking—makes them timeless captures of everything in transit, from lovers to bankers. Dearling posts a picture a day of the Tube, but they're so striking you can almost feel the whoosh of wind through the tunnel as trains whiz past, or the sleepy silence of a morning commute. It isn't an easy feat to capture the odd juxtaposition of isolation and camaraderie that comes with being squeezed into a speeding train car with the rest of a sprawling city, but this 'grammer does it.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $1368* & up -- Fly to Australia: 6 Cities on Sale, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1129 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1313 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $159* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America