Follow Favorite: nineteenfiftyone
Now working for The UN Refugee Agency at the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan, Kathryn Mahoney (aka nineteenfiftyone) recently left her post working at the Yida refugee camp in South Sudan. Through her Instagram account, she shared both sobering and beautiful images of the Yida camp and the lives of the people in it. From long lines at the water point and local women making ginger coffee to kids playing with hand-fashioned bows and arrows and colorful bugs that are simultaneously poisonous and edible. From here on out, it will be images of her time in Zaatari. We're definitely staying tuned to her great work and fascinating photos.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Products and Services Every Super Traveler Needs
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Luxurious Log Cabins Across the U.S.
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- $76-$93 -- SoCal: Rancho Mirage Hotel w/Free ParkingGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $699* & up -- South America Business Fares from U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $2999 -- Monte Carlo to Rome: Luxe 7-Night Cruise w/AirOceania Cruises
- $2799 -- 10-Night Alaska Cruise w/Tips, $200 Credit & AirOceania Cruises
- $80 & up -- Houston Hotel Sale incl. Westins, 60% OffStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $99 -- Palm Springs 4-Diamond Resort w/$25 Credit, 45% OffGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau