Follow Favorite: nineteenfiftyone
Now working for The UN Refugee Agency at the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan, Kathryn Mahoney (aka nineteenfiftyone) recently left her post working at the Yida refugee camp in South Sudan. Through her Instagram account, she shared both sobering and beautiful images of the Yida camp and the lives of the people in it. From long lines at the water point and local women making ginger coffee to kids playing with hand-fashioned bows and arrows and colorful bugs that are simultaneously poisonous and edible. From here on out, it will be images of her time in Zaatari. We're definitely staying tuned to her great work and fascinating photos.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- How to Plan a Geocaching Vacation
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 5 Must-Have Experiences on Grand Cayman Island
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $109 & up -- New York City Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $3991 & up -- Ireland Castle & Manor Vacation w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours
- $2099 -- Greece: Athens & 3-Nt Island Cruise w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $79* -- San Diego to Monterey this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $4254 & up -- Italy in Spring: Multi-City Trip w/Air & CarSceptre Tours
- $1487* & up -- Australia Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxVirgin Australia