Follow Favorite: nineteenfiftyone
Now working for The UN Refugee Agency at the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan, Kathryn Mahoney (aka nineteenfiftyone) recently left her post working at the Yida refugee camp in South Sudan. Through her Instagram account, she shared both sobering and beautiful images of the Yida camp and the lives of the people in it. From long lines at the water point and local women making ginger coffee to kids playing with hand-fashioned bows and arrows and colorful bugs that are simultaneously poisonous and edible. From here on out, it will be images of her time in Zaatari. We're definitely staying tuned to her great work and fascinating photos.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $39 & up -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fares, 25% OffAmtrak
- $224 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $956 & up -- Aruba: 5-Nt. Vacation Packages w/AirApple Vacations
- $499 & up -- Canary Islands & Morocco 9-Nt. Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $169 & up -- Weekend Cruise to Baja Mexico on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Lines
- $679 & up -- Cabo: Riu Resort w/Kid's Club Trip incl. AirApple Vacations