Follow Favorite: nineteenfiftyone
Now working for The UN Refugee Agency at the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan, Kathryn Mahoney (aka nineteenfiftyone) recently left her post working at the Yida refugee camp in South Sudan. Through her Instagram account, she shared both sobering and beautiful images of the Yida camp and the lives of the people in it. From long lines at the water point and local women making ginger coffee to kids playing with hand-fashioned bows and arrows and colorful bugs that are simultaneously poisonous and edible. From here on out, it will be images of her time in Zaatari. We're definitely staying tuned to her great work and fascinating photos.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $229 & up -- Ends 12/2: Cruise Sale w/Up to $250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $919* & up -- Flights to South Africa on Sale (R/T w/Tax)South African Airways
- $44 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, Save 35%Ocean Reef Resort
- $265 & up -- 4-Star Cancun Resort w/$50 Credit, Save 20%The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas, Cancun
- $128-$136 -- Maine: Downtown Portland Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa