Follow Favorite: nineteenfiftyone
Now working for The UN Refugee Agency at the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan, Kathryn Mahoney (aka nineteenfiftyone) recently left her post working at the Yida refugee camp in South Sudan. Through her Instagram account, she shared both sobering and beautiful images of the Yida camp and the lives of the people in it. From long lines at the water point and local women making ginger coffee to kids playing with hand-fashioned bows and arrows and colorful bugs that are simultaneously poisonous and edible. From here on out, it will be images of her time in Zaatari. We're definitely staying tuned to her great work and fascinating photos.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $599 -- Oceanview: 10-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise w/$100 CreditCruise.com
- $139 -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, Save 35%Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $1314 & up -- Panama Canal & Rainforest Getaway w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line