Follow Favorite: muradossmann's "Follow Me"
There's an almost surreal quality to Murad Osmann's quietly romantic Instagram snaps. Besides the hyper-real photographic quality of the dreamy international locales Murad is lucky enough to frequent—Disneyland in Hong Kong, Balinese rice fields, dips in Singaporean infinity pools—there's the fact that each shot literally tugs you forward into the image and into his global journeys.
Murad's girlfriend Natalia Zakharova, a Russian journalist, is the one doing the tugging—we see only her back as her hand pulls Murad's forward in every photo, a convention that evolved from Natalia's impatience with Murad's impulse to photograph everything around him. "Nataly was a bit annoyed that I was always taking pictures of everything, so she grabbed my hand and tried to pull me forward," he told The Daily Mail. We see the oddly captivating Natalia donning everything from a traditional Flamenco outfit to an ornate Balinese cone hat to, well, just about nothing. Combine that with colorful captures of exotic lands, and it's no wonder the series, titled "Follow Me," went viral.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $476 & up -- Fiji Travel Deals up to $2000 OffTourism Fiji
- $169 & up -- Charleston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2499 -- Luxury Yacht: French Riviera 9-Night Cruise w/HotelWindstar Cruises
- $499 & up -- 5-Night La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1399 -- Ecuador: 7-Nt. Trip w/Amazon Tour & Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $109 & up -- New York City Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago