Follow Favorite: muradossmann's "Follow Me"
There's an almost surreal quality to Murad Osmann's quietly romantic Instagram snaps. Besides the hyper-real photographic quality of the dreamy international locales Murad is lucky enough to frequent—Disneyland in Hong Kong, Balinese rice fields, dips in Singaporean infinity pools—there's the fact that each shot literally tugs you forward into the image and into his global journeys.
Murad's girlfriend Natalia Zakharova, a Russian journalist, is the one doing the tugging—we see only her back as her hand pulls Murad's forward in every photo, a convention that evolved from Natalia's impatience with Murad's impulse to photograph everything around him. "Nataly was a bit annoyed that I was always taking pictures of everything, so she grabbed my hand and tried to pull me forward," he told The Daily Mail. We see the oddly captivating Natalia donning everything from a traditional Flamenco outfit to an ornate Balinese cone hat to, well, just about nothing. Combine that with colorful captures of exotic lands, and it's no wonder the series, titled "Follow Me," went viral.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays