Follow Favorite: BudgetTraveller
If you dream of covering the same amount of global ground as a backpacker without having to rough it in backpacker lifestyle conditions, follow Kash Bhattacharya's lead. He's the "Budget Traveller" himself, having traveled the world on a shoestring for four straight years, all while documenting his adventures on his blog. Sustaining four years of hostel-hopping would wear down even the heartiest travelers—so Kash made a point of finding the most luxurious dwellings for as little cash as possible. The results culminated in the compilation of his guide to luxury hostels of Europe, out this month, and his colorful Instagram feed documenting the memorable moments along the way.
What does a "luxury hostel" entail? Often, it's quirky décor, plentiful amenities, and a community spirit that rivals many comparably (or higher) priced hotels. And the life of a luxury hostel-hopper? Judging by Kash's Instagram, it entails funny selfie-videos on carousels in Venice, Nutella brownies at coffeehouses in Madeira, drinking wine in playgrounds on the Adriatic coast, and didgeridoo performances in Berlin. Want in on all of that? Check out the BudgetTraveller Instagram, and definitely hit "Follow" before heading over to the blog for more.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1199 -- 14-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1313 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $160-$175 -- Jamaica: New Adults-Only All-Inclusive ResortHotel Riu Palace Jamaica
- $1424 -- Oceanview: 10-Nt. Hawaii Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $749 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet