Follow Favorite: Adventurous Kate
The adventurous Kate McCulley is a truly impressive example of someone who turned their passion into their livelihood in the modern world. Combining technology and travel by blogging about her global adventures turned into her full-time job, and her Twitter feed is a constant stream of worldwide dispatches. But what makes "Adventurous Kate" so fun to follow is her insatiable drive to travel the world, despite challenges that come with being a solo female traveler. In fact, her whole mission centers on helping women learn how to travel the world on their own, "easily, safely, and adventurously."
After quitting her desk job at 26, Kate packed her bags to explore Southeast Asia for six months and decided she never wanted to go home. Since then she's been shipwrecked in Indonesia, gone to a ping pong show in Bangkok, and so much more—and it's all documented on her blog as well as Twitter , along with tips and advice you could only get from a seasoned traveler.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1029* -- Fly Nonstop to Fiji from West Coast, R/T incl. TaxFiji Airways
- $129-$159 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 45%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $1075 & up -- Madrid & Barcelona 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $549 & up -- Caribbean Cruise w/Upgrade; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises