Follow Favorite: Adventurous Kate
The adventurous Kate McCulley is a truly impressive example of someone who turned their passion into their livelihood in the modern world. Combining technology and travel by blogging about her global adventures turned into her full-time job, and her Twitter feed is a constant stream of worldwide dispatches. But what makes "Adventurous Kate" so fun to follow is her insatiable drive to travel the world, despite challenges that come with being a solo female traveler. In fact, her whole mission centers on helping women learn how to travel the world on their own, "easily, safely, and adventurously."
After quitting her desk job at 26, Kate packed her bags to explore Southeast Asia for six months and decided she never wanted to go home. Since then she's been shipwrecked in Indonesia, gone to a ping pong show in Bangkok, and so much more—and it's all documented on her blog as well as Twitter , along with tips and advice you could only get from a seasoned traveler.
Want to be our next weekly dose of travel inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to tag your posts #FodorsTravel so we know you want us to take a peek. Be sure to check back next week to see another featured Fodor's follower!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $183-$269 -- NYC: Manhattan Westin thru Holidays, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $109 & up -- Ends 10/24: Cruise Sale w/Up to $500 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $769 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Family Trip w/WaterparkApple Vacations
- $1999 -- Escorted China & Hong Kong 11-Nt. Escape w/AirHong Kong Tourism Board
- $168 & up -- USVI: Winter Resort Sale incl. Flight CreditsBookIt.com
- $499* & up -- Scandinavia & Europe Winter & Spring Sale, R/TScandinavian Airlines