Fodors.com Wins Two Travel Journalism Awards!
We are very excited to report that last week, Fodors.com was honored with two 2012 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. The Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Competition is sponsored by the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) Foundation and the awards are considered the cream of the crop in the travel journalism world. From an initial crop of 1,163 entries, there were 75 winners in 25 categories. Fodors.com received a Silver Award in the Online Travel Journalism category and a Bronze Award for Travel Blog, for our weekly Travel Tech column written by Scott Tharler.
In the past, Fodor's has won several Lowell Thomas awards for individual guidebooks, including the Complete Guide to National Parks of the West (Bronze; 2008) and the Compass American Guide: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks (Silver; 2010), but these mark the first Lowell Thomas recognitions for Fodors.com.
Chosen for offering "excellent travel recommendations" in a "clean and usable design," the awards committee noted that in many instances, "the recommendations were perfect for my tastes."
We just wanted to give a big round of applause to the teams that made this happen and let you know, dear readers, that you've got great taste.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $519 & up -- Alaska: 7-Night Summer Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $109 & up -- New York City Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $4599 -- Suite: 15-Night Luxury Indian Ocean CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $99 & up -- Weekends at Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $66* & up -- Nationwide Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $199 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $50 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites