Fodors.com Wins Two Travel Journalism Awards!
We are very excited to report that last week, Fodors.com was honored with two 2012 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. The Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Competition is sponsored by the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) Foundation and the awards are considered the cream of the crop in the travel journalism world. From an initial crop of 1,163 entries, there were 75 winners in 25 categories. Fodors.com received a Silver Award in the Online Travel Journalism category and a Bronze Award for Travel Blog, for our weekly Travel Tech column written by Scott Tharler.
In the past, Fodor's has won several Lowell Thomas awards for individual guidebooks, including the Complete Guide to National Parks of the West (Bronze; 2008) and the Compass American Guide: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks (Silver; 2010), but these mark the first Lowell Thomas recognitions for Fodors.com.
Chosen for offering "excellent travel recommendations" in a "clean and usable design," the awards committee noted that in many instances, "the recommendations were perfect for my tastes."
We just wanted to give a big round of applause to the teams that made this happen and let you know, dear readers, that you've got great taste.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays