Fodors.com Wins Two Travel Journalism Awards!
We are very excited to report that last week, Fodors.com was honored with two 2012 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. The Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Competition is sponsored by the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) Foundation and the awards are considered the cream of the crop in the travel journalism world. From an initial crop of 1,163 entries, there were 75 winners in 25 categories. Fodors.com received a Silver Award in the Online Travel Journalism category and a Bronze Award for Travel Blog, for our weekly Travel Tech column written by Scott Tharler.
In the past, Fodor's has won several Lowell Thomas awards for individual guidebooks, including the Complete Guide to National Parks of the West (Bronze; 2008) and the Compass American Guide: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks (Silver; 2010), but these mark the first Lowell Thomas recognitions for Fodors.com.
Chosen for offering "excellent travel recommendations" in a "clean and usable design," the awards committee noted that in many instances, "the recommendations were perfect for my tastes."
We just wanted to give a big round of applause to the teams that made this happen and let you know, dear readers, that you've got great taste.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $50-$57 -- Myrtle Beach Resort: Oceanfront & Jacuzzi SuitesSea Crest Resort
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $189 & up -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel incl. HolidaysSan Francisco Marriott Marquis
- $162 & up -- Ireland 5-Star Hotel & Spa into the SpringTourism Ireland
- $50 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotel & Resort SaleVisit Myrtle Beach
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts