Fodors.com Wins Two Travel Journalism Awards!
We are very excited to report that last week, Fodors.com was honored with two 2012 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. The Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Competition is sponsored by the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) Foundation and the awards are considered the cream of the crop in the travel journalism world. From an initial crop of 1,163 entries, there were 75 winners in 25 categories. Fodors.com received a Silver Award in the Online Travel Journalism category and a Bronze Award for Travel Blog, for our weekly Travel Tech column written by Scott Tharler.
In the past, Fodor's has won several Lowell Thomas awards for individual guidebooks, including the Complete Guide to National Parks of the West (Bronze; 2008) and the Compass American Guide: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks (Silver; 2010), but these mark the first Lowell Thomas recognitions for Fodors.com.
Chosen for offering "excellent travel recommendations" in a "clean and usable design," the awards committee noted that in many instances, "the recommendations were perfect for my tastes."
We just wanted to give a big round of applause to the teams that made this happen and let you know, dear readers, that you've got great taste.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $84-$92 -- Brand New: Panama City Downtown Hotel, Save 45%Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown
- $1199 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations
- $139 & up -- Maine: Downtown Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $479 & up -- Punta Cana Suite: 5 All-Inclusive Nights w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $39 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa