Fodor's Week in Travel: Try Something Different
When it comes to planning a beach vacation or a big-city getaway, you likely won't be short on ideas. But sometimes you want something more unusual for your holiday, and we're here to help. Surf and sand enthusiasts can pair urban culture with a lazy beachside vibe at one of the great beach cities around the world, while literary fans can follow in Hemingway's footsteps around the world, enjoying some of Papa's favorite bars and restaurants. Whether you're looking for something a little different the next time you hit the road, or just want to save some money, we've got plenty of ideas in our weekly round-up.
World's 10 Best Beach Cities
Start your day with some urban exploration and end it with a dip in the ocean. You'll have to pack your wetsuit and your big-city best with a visit to one of the world's 10 best beach cities.
World's Coolest Urban Renewal Projects
Though you wouldn't know it now, some of the trendiest neighborhoods in cities around the world have fascinating histories decidedly less glamorous than what you'll see today. See some of these stunning transformations at the world's coolest urban renewal projects.
10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
An iconic writer, Ernest Hemingway is perhaps equally well known for his expatriate lifestyle as for his flowing, spare writing style. See where one of the most famous members of the "Lost Generation" ate and drank at 10 of Hemingway's favorite haunts.
10 Budget-Friendly Summer Trips for 2014
Finally, for the times when you're looking to take a break without breaking the bank, here are 10 budget-friendly summer trips for 2014 to help you plan a no-fuss, guilt-free summer getaway.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $3599 -- Suite: 10-Nt. Award-Winning Asia Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $1275 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $1561* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1469 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $2999 -- 7-Night Luxury Cruise to Tahiti on WindstarWindstar Cruises