Fodor's Week in Travel: Travel Essentials
We're inspiring you to think about your next vacation this Valentine's Day, either because you've been meaning to book your next romantic escape, or because the winter weather means it's time to find some sunshine. Accordingly, we covered essential topics and destinations this week for your perfect travel itineraries (plus some Fodor's Approved shoe picks for your packing list). Discover the hottest Fodors.com destinations that were on the rise last year, and then check out our wildcard picks for active winter vacations that get you out of your room and off the resort. From exploring Mexico's amazing archaeological sites to cruising through Africa on a long weekend safari, start planning your next adventure with Fodor's Week in Travel.
Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
Our female Fodor's editors have treked all over the world in their favorite kicks. Here, they share the stories behind the heels, flats, and boots they can't travel without. Make sure to pack these Fodor's Approved stylish women's shoes for travel before your next trip.
Infographic: Where Do American Travelers Want to Go?
For the first time ever, we looked at what destinations our Fodors.com readers are searching for most on our site. Here, we present a handy infographic that shows your favorite places in 2013. Discover rising destinations all over the world with this piece on where American travelers want to go.
Mexico’s Most Amazing Ruins
Mexico's fascinating archaeological sites feature ancient temples, tombs, pyramids, and more. From the Mayans to the Aztecs, start discovering some of Mexico's most amazing ruins here.
10 Great Hotel Pools for Snow-Day Staycations
Who said you have to fly to the Caribbean for a great warm-weather winter getaway? City dwellers who have been trudging through the slush this week can escape to these 10 hotel pools for a snow-day staycation. All you need is a day pass and your swim suit.
10 Best Safari Destinations in Africa
From riding in private helicopters to sailing through marine wildlife preserves, Africa's safari destinations are redefining the typical long weekend getaway. Go wild with our picks for some of the 10 best safari destinations in Africa.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $199* & up -- Ends 12/18: First Class Fare Sale, O/WVirgin America
- $219 & up -- 5-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Hotel, 25% OffThe Beloved Hotel
- $199 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $50-$57 -- Myrtle Beach Resort: Oceanfront & Jacuzzi SuitesSea Crest Resort
- $239 & up -- Bahamas: 4-Star All-Incl. Beach Resort w/Wi-FiBookIt.com