Fodor's Week in Travel: Take It Outside
Outdoor adventures are always exciting, but there are plenty of ways to enjoy the fresh air without a dose of adrenaline. This week, we found some great excuses to get outside that don't require you to be a rugged outdoorsman. A Shakespeare performance under the stars is sure to be a highlight of your summer, while a big-city holiday doesn't have to take you far from nature with a visit to the waterfront. So get ready to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air with our weekly round-up.
Summer's 10 Best Outdoor Theater Experiences
What better backdrop for a theatrical performance than the summer night sky? Experience your favorite productions al fresco this summer at one of the summer's 10 best outdoor theater experiences.
Video: New York City's Top 5 Summer Experiences
Can't decide what to do on your trip to New York? We'll make your planning a little easier and show you five places to get excited about in our video on New York City's top 5 summer experiences.
4 Cruise Lines with Great Onboard Marinas
Launch a kayak off the back of your ship or simply go for a swim without having to pull into port. For your next voyage, be sure to check out one of these 4 cruise lines with great onboard marinas.
World's 15 Best Waterfront Cities
While these cities offer plenty in the way of indoor attractions, your trip won't be complete without a visit to the waterfront. Explore bays, quays, canals, and waterways in the world's 15 best waterfront cities.
Photo Credit: © Stuart Monk | Dreamstime.com (Highline New York)
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $95* & up -- Fly to Salt Lake City in Fall & Winter (R/T)Ski City USA
- $139-$162 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fares into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $1705 & up -- Costa Rica 8-Nt. Eco-Adventure incl. AirGreat Value Vacations
- $939 & up -- Jamaica: Montego Bay Riu Escape w/AirApple Vacations