Fodor's Week in Travel: Going Beyond the Beach
Sitting on the beach has its pleasures, sure, but sometimes we long to do more than just relax and tan on our vacations. That’s why we spent this week covering warm-weather getaways that offer you more than just sun and sand—though of course these destinations have plenty of both. From a hot film festival in California to a jam-packed weekend in Florida, we’ve come up with some great ideas for travelers who are looking for more than fun in the sun.
Guide to the 2014 Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Our insider guide to the film festival helps you get close to your favorite stars on the red carpet, as well as discover Santa Barbara's hidden secrets, from wine tasting rooms and delicious eateries to beautiful waterfront vistas and local landmarks.
5 Reasons to Visit Merida, Mexico Now
Mérida's gorgeous weather could be reason enough for you to visit, but the sun-kissed town's local flavor also offers lively Sunday markets, contemporary art, and so much more. Check out our five reasons to visit Mérida now.
Beach Escape: Long Weekend in St. Petersburg, Florida
From the largest Salvador Dalí collection outside of Europe and an island getaway to fine dining and upscale chocolatiers, take your long weekend in St. Petersburg beyond the town's breathtaking beaches. Start planning your getaway with our trip ideas on what to do and where to stay.
10 Must-Pack Items for Every Cruise
Our Fodor's cruise expert takes you back to travel basics, with 10 essential items to pack before sailing away on your next cruise. You'll never forget your charger or corkscrew again.
Why You Should Book a Cruise on a Cruise
Get discounted fares, onboard credits, cabin upgrades, and more by booking your next cruise when you're already at sea. Start saving with these top cruise line picks.
2014's Most Anticipated Hotel Openings
From Costa Rica and Chicago to Tibet and Texas, 2014's newest hotels are luxe, lavish, and the perfect inspiration for planning your next trip.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1289 & up -- 14-Day Cruise to Bermuda, Canada & New EnglandNorwegian Cruise Line
- $129-$169 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $399Westin Snowmass Resort
- $739 & up -- 6-Nt. Vallarta Vacation on Private Beach w/AirApple Vacations
- $56 & up -- Oceanfront room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffSea Watch Resort
- $2649 & up -- Panama Canal 13-Day Cruise w/Balcony CabinCarnival Cruise Lines
- $235 & up -- S.C. 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa