Fodor's Week in Travel: Going Beyond the Beach
Sitting on the beach has its pleasures, sure, but sometimes we long to do more than just relax and tan on our vacations. That’s why we spent this week covering warm-weather getaways that offer you more than just sun and sand—though of course these destinations have plenty of both. From a hot film festival in California to a jam-packed weekend in Florida, we’ve come up with some great ideas for travelers who are looking for more than fun in the sun.
Guide to the 2014 Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Our insider guide to the film festival helps you get close to your favorite stars on the red carpet, as well as discover Santa Barbara's hidden secrets, from wine tasting rooms and delicious eateries to beautiful waterfront vistas and local landmarks.
5 Reasons to Visit Merida, Mexico Now
Mérida's gorgeous weather could be reason enough for you to visit, but the sun-kissed town's local flavor also offers lively Sunday markets, contemporary art, and so much more. Check out our five reasons to visit Mérida now.
Beach Escape: Long Weekend in St. Petersburg, Florida
From the largest Salvador Dalí collection outside of Europe and an island getaway to fine dining and upscale chocolatiers, take your long weekend in St. Petersburg beyond the town's breathtaking beaches. Start planning your getaway with our trip ideas on what to do and where to stay.
10 Must-Pack Items for Every Cruise
Our Fodor's cruise expert takes you back to travel basics, with 10 essential items to pack before sailing away on your next cruise. You'll never forget your charger or corkscrew again.
Why You Should Book a Cruise on a Cruise
Get discounted fares, onboard credits, cabin upgrades, and more by booking your next cruise when you're already at sea. Start saving with these top cruise line picks.
2014's Most Anticipated Hotel Openings
From Costa Rica and Chicago to Tibet and Texas, 2014's newest hotels are luxe, lavish, and the perfect inspiration for planning your next trip.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $235 & up -- 4-Star Kauai Resort w/Two-for-One BreakfastSheraton Kauai Resort
- $199-$239 -- Oahu: Waikiki 4-Star Resort, 60% OffHilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- $789 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $289 & up -- Ends 1/31: Cruise Sale w/Up to $300 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line