Fodor's Week in Travel: Going Beyond the Beach
Sitting on the beach has its pleasures, sure, but sometimes we long to do more than just relax and tan on our vacations. That’s why we spent this week covering warm-weather getaways that offer you more than just sun and sand—though of course these destinations have plenty of both. From a hot film festival in California to a jam-packed weekend in Florida, we’ve come up with some great ideas for travelers who are looking for more than fun in the sun.
Guide to the 2014 Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Our insider guide to the film festival helps you get close to your favorite stars on the red carpet, as well as discover Santa Barbara's hidden secrets, from wine tasting rooms and delicious eateries to beautiful waterfront vistas and local landmarks.
5 Reasons to Visit Merida, Mexico Now
Mérida's gorgeous weather could be reason enough for you to visit, but the sun-kissed town's local flavor also offers lively Sunday markets, contemporary art, and so much more. Check out our five reasons to visit Mérida now.
Beach Escape: Long Weekend in St. Petersburg, Florida
From the largest Salvador Dalí collection outside of Europe and an island getaway to fine dining and upscale chocolatiers, take your long weekend in St. Petersburg beyond the town's breathtaking beaches. Start planning your getaway with our trip ideas on what to do and where to stay.
10 Must-Pack Items for Every Cruise
Our Fodor's cruise expert takes you back to travel basics, with 10 essential items to pack before sailing away on your next cruise. You'll never forget your charger or corkscrew again.
Why You Should Book a Cruise on a Cruise
Get discounted fares, onboard credits, cabin upgrades, and more by booking your next cruise when you're already at sea. Start saving with these top cruise line picks.
2014's Most Anticipated Hotel Openings
From Costa Rica and Chicago to Tibet and Texas, 2014's newest hotels are luxe, lavish, and the perfect inspiration for planning your next trip.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1555 & up -- London: 4-Night Getaway w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $55 & up -- SoCal: Santa Clarita Hotel Deals up to 50% OffVisit Santa Clarita
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Havana Vacation w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $1399 -- Ecuador: 7-Nt. Trip w/Amazon Tour & Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $499 & up -- 5-Night La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $897* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand