Fodor's Week in Travel: Bright Lights, Big City
Sometimes on a vacation, you're looking for relaxation; sometimes you're looking for excitement. In these cities, there's never a dull moment, and when you want to be in the thick of it all, these major metropolises offer non-stop stimulation. For fine dining, first-rate cultural attractions, and high-energy buzz, nothing compares to the world's most vibrant cities. Here's some advice on how to enjoy them in our weekly round-up.
Summer 2014 Guide to Chicago
After a brutal winter, it's only fitting that the Windy City is celebrating the arrival of warmer months in style. Here's our summer 2014 guide to Chicago, featuring new restaurants, cultural happenings, and the best food and music festivals in town.
Where to Eat in Sao Paulo Now
Whether you're looking to fuel up between World Cup matches, or are simply hunting for the hottest restaurants in Brazil's largest city, we'll tell you where to eat in Sao Paulo now.
7 Unique Tours of Rome
With its sprawling metropolitan area, Rome can be a lot to see on foot. Experience the Eternal City from the comfort of a Fiat 500, on the back of a Vespa, and more on one of these 7 unique tours of Rome.
Ask Fodor's: Where Should I Stay in Paris?
The art collections in Paris are perhaps unrivaled anywhere else in the world. One of our editors weighs in on the best hotel options for museum lovers with our weekly Ask Fodor's post.
10 NYC Art Installations Hidden in Plain Sight
No matter how long you're in New York for, you can't see everything, but it'll be impossible to miss these 10 NYC art installations hidden in plain sight once you know where to look.
America's Best Small Towns
As much as we love cities, we would be remiss if we didn't turn our attention to some of the country's smaller destinations as well. Check out our 2014 selections for America's best small towns.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- 5 Reasons to Go to Slovenia | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- 6 Reasons to Visit Hamburg Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $49-$69 -- Orlando Hotel w/Park Shuttles & Parking, 40% OffBookIt.com
- $4699 & up -- Sydney, Ayers Rock & Port Douglas 9 Nts. w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $134-$151 -- Cabo All-Inclusive Beach Resort, Save 50%Riu Santa Fe
- $197 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $209 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $1394* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand