Fodor's Week in Travel: Bright Lights, Big City
Sometimes on a vacation, you're looking for relaxation; sometimes you're looking for excitement. In these cities, there's never a dull moment, and when you want to be in the thick of it all, these major metropolises offer non-stop stimulation. For fine dining, first-rate cultural attractions, and high-energy buzz, nothing compares to the world's most vibrant cities. Here's some advice on how to enjoy them in our weekly round-up.
Summer 2014 Guide to Chicago
After a brutal winter, it's only fitting that the Windy City is celebrating the arrival of warmer months in style. Here's our summer 2014 guide to Chicago, featuring new restaurants, cultural happenings, and the best food and music festivals in town.
Where to Eat in Sao Paulo Now
Whether you're looking to fuel up between World Cup matches, or are simply hunting for the hottest restaurants in Brazil's largest city, we'll tell you where to eat in Sao Paulo now.
7 Unique Tours of Rome
With its sprawling metropolitan area, Rome can be a lot to see on foot. Experience the Eternal City from the comfort of a Fiat 500, on the back of a Vespa, and more on one of these 7 unique tours of Rome.
Ask Fodor's: Where Should I Stay in Paris?
The art collections in Paris are perhaps unrivaled anywhere else in the world. One of our editors weighs in on the best hotel options for museum lovers with our weekly Ask Fodor's post.
10 NYC Art Installations Hidden in Plain Sight
No matter how long you're in New York for, you can't see everything, but it'll be impossible to miss these 10 NYC art installations hidden in plain sight once you know where to look.
America's Best Small Towns
As much as we love cities, we would be remiss if we didn't turn our attention to some of the country's smaller destinations as well. Check out our 2014 selections for America's best small towns.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $129-$189 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, Save 30%The Westin Michigan Avenue
- $30 & up -- Puerto Rico Hotel & Day Tour Deals up to 50% OffPuerto Rico Tourism Company
- $895* & up -- Europe Fares on Sale from 5 U.S. Cities, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $79 -- Orlando Hotel near Parks w/Upgrade, 50% OffWyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
- $159 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $2999 & up -- Upscale Rhine River Cruise w/$299 R/T AirAvalon Waterways