Fodor's Presents the Ultimate Beach Vacation Planner
One person's paradise can be another's nightmare. Take beaches for example—one couple might be searching for sandy stretches with beach bars and loud music while another is hankering for some secluded island time. So before you plan your vacation based on your second cousin's recommendation, take a moment to check out our upgraded and updated 80 Degrees Beach Finder.
Here's how it works: We ask you seven easy questions (What does your perfect beach look like? How do you want to spend your day?), and out comes a tailored-to-you list of ten perfect destinations. What's more, no two lists will be the same because we take into account your trip budget as well as wants and needs. Two users with similar interests but different budgets won't see the same destinations; Mayakoba and St. Barts, for example, won't show up for someone on a budget, because those destinations tend to be very expensive. So your list will be full of places you can actually go.
Launched this time last year, we've been working hard to add almost 30 new destinations to your potential findings. These 30 new beaches are well-curated expert picks, from Puerto Rico's buzzing Vieques and Ambergis Caye in Belize to Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula and Kuna Yala San Blas in Panama.
"The Fodor's 80 Degrees tool intuitively guides travelers through the important planning questions and delivers trip ideas that match their travel personalities," said Arabella Bowen, Fodor's Executive Editorial Director. "With 80 locations, this tool aims to guide vacationers to discover new destinations based on their personalized recommendations."
Basically, we're here to be your personal beach concierge. I just took the quiz (again) and I plan to follow it like law: the Dutch island of St. Eustatius comes first, followed by St. John, Tulum, and Nevis, among others. There are worse to-do lists.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Safaris in the U.S.
- $76 -- Montreal Hotel incl. Wi-Fi & Parking, 30% OffHotel Universel Montreal
- $110-$135 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort into Summer, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort
- $99-$109 -- St. Louis Hotel into Baseball Season, Save 40%St. Louis City Center Hotel
- $819 & up -- Luxe Vallarta All-Incl. w/Air; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $99 -- FL: Four-Diamond Resort w/ F&B Credit, 50% OffRenaissance World Golf Resort
- $159 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Weekends this SpringWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain