Fodor's Presents the Ultimate Beach Vacation Planner
One person's paradise can be another's nightmare. Take beaches for example—one couple might be searching for sandy stretches with beach bars and loud music while another is hankering for some secluded island time. So before you plan your vacation based on your second cousin's recommendation, take a moment to check out our upgraded and updated 80 Degrees Beach Finder.
Here's how it works: We ask you seven easy questions (What does your perfect beach look like? How do you want to spend your day?), and out comes a tailored-to-you list of ten perfect destinations. What's more, no two lists will be the same because we take into account your trip budget as well as wants and needs. Two users with similar interests but different budgets won't see the same destinations; Mayakoba and St. Barts, for example, won't show up for someone on a budget, because those destinations tend to be very expensive. So your list will be full of places you can actually go.
Launched this time last year, we've been working hard to add almost 30 new destinations to your potential findings. These 30 new beaches are well-curated expert picks, from Puerto Rico's buzzing Vieques and Ambergis Caye in Belize to Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula and Kuna Yala San Blas in Panama.
"The Fodor's 80 Degrees tool intuitively guides travelers through the important planning questions and delivers trip ideas that match their travel personalities," said Arabella Bowen, Fodor's Executive Editorial Director. "With 80 locations, this tool aims to guide vacationers to discover new destinations based on their personalized recommendations."
Basically, we're here to be your personal beach concierge. I just took the quiz (again) and I plan to follow it like law: the Dutch island of St. Eustatius comes first, followed by St. John, Tulum, and Nevis, among others. There are worse to-do lists.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Sydney Trip w/Air & Tours, $460 OffDestination New South Wales
- $2011* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk
- $69 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into Fall, O/WVirgin America
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $1965 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com