Fodor's Presents the Ultimate Beach Vacation Planner
One person's paradise can be another's nightmare. Take beaches for example—one couple might be searching for sandy stretches with beach bars and loud music while another is hankering for some secluded island time. So before you plan your vacation based on your second cousin's recommendation, take a moment to check out our upgraded and updated 80 Degrees Beach Finder.
Here's how it works: We ask you seven easy questions (What does your perfect beach look like? How do you want to spend your day?), and out comes a tailored-to-you list of ten perfect destinations. What's more, no two lists will be the same because we take into account your trip budget as well as wants and needs. Two users with similar interests but different budgets won't see the same destinations; Mayakoba and St. Barts, for example, won't show up for someone on a budget, because those destinations tend to be very expensive. So your list will be full of places you can actually go.
Launched this time last year, we've been working hard to add almost 30 new destinations to your potential findings. These 30 new beaches are well-curated expert picks, from Puerto Rico's buzzing Vieques and Ambergis Caye in Belize to Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula and Kuna Yala San Blas in Panama.
"The Fodor's 80 Degrees tool intuitively guides travelers through the important planning questions and delivers trip ideas that match their travel personalities," said Arabella Bowen, Fodor's Executive Editorial Director. "With 80 locations, this tool aims to guide vacationers to discover new destinations based on their personalized recommendations."
Basically, we're here to be your personal beach concierge. I just took the quiz (again) and I plan to follow it like law: the Dutch island of St. Eustatius comes first, followed by St. John, Tulum, and Nevis, among others. There are worse to-do lists.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $104 & up -- Phoenix 4-Diamond Resort in Fall, 45% OffArizona Grand Resort
- $69 & up -- Condo: 4-Star Panama City Beach Resort, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $639 & up -- Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise on NorwegianAmerican Express Travel
- $199 -- Grand Opening: Upscale All-Incl. Aruba Beach ResortBookIt.com
- $4467* & up -- Business Fares for 2 on 5-Star Airline (O/W)ASAP Tickets
- $249 -- Weekends at Downtown LA 4-Star Hotel, Save $100JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE