Fodor's Launches Weekend Getaways for 2013
Once t-shirt season arrives, dreams of weekend trips become rampant. Who doesn't love the idea of packing up the car and skipping town for 42 hours or so of low key, sunshine-y fun? Well, we're here to help you decide where to go and what to do.
Launched last year to rave reviews, our Weekend Getaways are back for 2013 and are better than ever. We've got top weekend trip picks from New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, DC, Chicago, Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, and Philly, with four new base cities for this year: Atlanta, Houston, Denver, and Dallas. From each city, we suggest a handful of enticing getaways that are a mere three hours away (or less) and provide insider weekend itineraries including where to eat (and drink), stay, and play.
And the trips take all kinds of travelers into account—arts- and culture-filled weekends, trips into the great outdoors, and foodie getaways galore. Think Montauk, Cape May, and the Berkshires for New Yorkers; Mount Rainier and the San Juan Islands for Seattle dwellers; Galveston and Austin for Houstonians; and Sanibel, the Everglades, and Key West for Miami denizens. For Chicagoans, we love a sunset glass of wine at Stone Cliff Winery in Galena; for Bostonians, we're into a stroll along the waterfront in Portland, Maine; and for Los Angelenos, we like a few days poolside in Palm Springs.
So, what are you waiting for? Your next weekend getaway is right here.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $10.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $159 & up -- Tampa Hotels into May, Save 30%Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $309 & up -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, 25% OffSanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $150 -- Oceanfront Miami Beach Resort into Spring w/RebateBookIt.com
- $1199 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations
- $619 -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian w/ExtrasPriceline Cruises