Fodor's Launches Weekend Getaways for 2013
Once t-shirt season arrives, dreams of weekend trips become rampant. Who doesn't love the idea of packing up the car and skipping town for 42 hours or so of low key, sunshine-y fun? Well, we're here to help you decide where to go and what to do.
Launched last year to rave reviews, our Weekend Getaways are back for 2013 and are better than ever. We've got top weekend trip picks from New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, DC, Chicago, Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, and Philly, with four new base cities for this year: Atlanta, Houston, Denver, and Dallas. From each city, we suggest a handful of enticing getaways that are a mere three hours away (or less) and provide insider weekend itineraries including where to eat (and drink), stay, and play.
And the trips take all kinds of travelers into account—arts- and culture-filled weekends, trips into the great outdoors, and foodie getaways galore. Think Montauk, Cape May, and the Berkshires for New Yorkers; Mount Rainier and the San Juan Islands for Seattle dwellers; Galveston and Austin for Houstonians; and Sanibel, the Everglades, and Key West for Miami denizens. For Chicagoans, we love a sunset glass of wine at Stone Cliff Winery in Galena; for Bostonians, we're into a stroll along the waterfront in Portland, Maine; and for Los Angelenos, we like a few days poolside in Palm Springs.
So, what are you waiting for? Your next weekend getaway is right here.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand