Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
With Thanksgiving now behind us, and Christmas clearly around the bend, it's time for family celebrations, office parties, and kids' wish lists to Santa galore. But even with all of that holiday cheer, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfect gifts. Happily, we've rounded up a selection of presents for those happy travelers in your life. So go ahead and scroll through our picks to pinpoint that perfect something for everyone on your list. And, hey, why not treat yourself while you're at it?!
Check out our Under $100 Gift Guide for a great selection of moderately priced gifts. Whether it's a colorful Chance Co Turkish Fouta for that gracious hostess or the pocket-size Karma Wi-Fi device for the busy business traveler, these gifts are sure to please, while putting your pocketbook at ease.
For splurge-worthy suggestions, consult our Under $250 Gift Guide. We've pinned down a dozen ideas for those extra-special loved ones that will ensure you'll be remembered for your excellent taste long after the New Year is ushered in. The traveling bookworm will love the Kindle Paperwhite, with its bright, crisp display, or, daughters and mothers alike can comfortably pound pavement for city sightseeing excursions while sporting their new stylish Tieks Ballet Flats.
Children give us so much spirit and wonder during the holidays, it only makes sense to pay it back, by helping Santa to deliver that present they've been eying all year long. With one of the eight gift ideas from our Kids Gift Guide, you'll help to instill a sense of wonder and curiosity for the world around them, a gift that keeps on giving. Subscribe your favorite tyke to Little Passports and they'll receive a package each month to help them virtually explore a new country or state, or, prepare little fingers for years of tasty Asian food with the Tofu Chopsticks practice kit.
Moving on from little recipients to little gifts, don't forget to choose some top-notch stocking stuffers. The small, but thoughtful gifts in our Stocking Stuffers Guide are sure to inspire bite-size doses of wanderlust. For those always on-the-go, a portable phone battery ensures they'll always have the boost they need, just in case. Or, try conveniently portable Catbird travel candles to spice up even the drabbest hotel room with tempting scents.
Take the world by storm from the comfort of your armchair—consult our Books Gift Guide for just the right read. Cookbooks these days are packed with more than just recipes, like Pok Pok, filled with tasty tales as recounted by restaurateur Andy Ricker from his journeys through Thailand. And beautiful coffee table books, like Art Cities of the Future, will appeal to culture vultures and the design-savvy alike.
So go ahead and get shopping—your gift-giving skills can be the talk of your social circle, thanks to Fodor's Holiday Gift Guides (but, don't worry—you don't need to tell them you had any help!). Happy gifting!
Photo Credits: Karma Mobility Wi-Fi: Courtesy of Karma Mobility, Inc.; Kindle Paperwhite: Courtesy of Amazon.com, Inc.; Chopsticks practice game: Courtesy of Amazon.com, Inc.; Specialty maps: Courtesy of Blue Crow Media; A Map the World: Courtesy of Terrain
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- $919* & up -- Flights to South Africa on Sale (R/T w/Tax)South African Airways
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxury Caribbean Cruises on Windstar, 50% OffWindstar Cruises
- $849 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $809 & up -- Costa Rica: Riu Getaway w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort